1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Pits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kazz, Nov 26, 2021.

1. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

@Kazz , check your pm’s…..
    Cheers,
    Mark

Barry likes this.
  3. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Made this one back in 2009 out of a 9kg gas bottle. I t packs up with most of the bits fitting inside the base piece and all packs into a Woolies shopping bag. The black part is one of those spun metal camp ovens, ended up with a hole in the base after a few yrs and by 5 yrs there wasn't enough left to weld up any more holes.

Gas bottle stove and camp oven.JPG

Bought a cast iron camp oven from Anaconda, brilliant, bought a cast iron round bottom one with 3 stubby cast legs from Aldi a few yrs back, it's brilliant too.
    Recently bought a "rocket stove" I was gunna build one, still might, but this one was on run out sale at a Mitre 10 store, so grabbed it . Can't find a photo at the moment, but it all packs up into a sports bag size that fits into the bag it came with ... just used sticks and small branches rather than requiring big wood to be split, but once going, it can be fed a reasonably large size branch, well about two hands round, and pushed in as required lasts quite a long time. I've cooked a few camp oven meals with it and a "Taggerty Men's Master chef spoon" winning stout sourdough cob loaf and spinach dip presentation :lol:

T1 Terry

4. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

Ahhhh……………I can see this one is the “Swedish Cooker”…………layer upon layer. !!

Barry and oldman like this.
  5. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

:lol: Potatoes roasting in the bottom and savoury mince cooking in the wok, my Master Chef entry was roast potatoes like they do at the market days etc, spud cut open, butter, mince, grated cheese and sour cream, what ever order you want it piled on ..... didn't win though, a garlic prawn stir-fry took out the honours that yr :rolleyes:

T1 Terry

Kazz likes this.