1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Fur" kids

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kmac, Oct 26, 2010.

1. kmac

kmac New Member

Lost my old girl today. 16+ years, not that her age made it any easier to say goodbye. Dogs just give so much and for really not wanting much in return. Sad day :cry:

Don, i know you definately have dogs, oops, I mean Airedales (aka Terrordales) ;) . Who else out in KC land has a "fur kid" of some kind? I would love to hear about them and what they mean/meant to you.

Kris

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Kris sorry to hear you lost your old girl,as you said it is never easy.:(

I think somewhere on here is a thread where people have posted pictures of there animals. Someone may be able to dig it up.

We have four dogs

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. SunnyJim

SunnyJim Well-Known Member

real sorry to hear that,

kris
    real sorry to hear that,
    we have a 14 yr old border collie. the back legs are starting to go , it will aslo be a sad day for us when it comes

[​IMG]

paul

4. 4inabus

4inabus Active Member

Heres the other thread. http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=13218

How many dogs do you have :eek: :lol: :lol:

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Zane, yes we have four dogs

All my photos are gone because I deleted a lot of photos in my photobucket account.

6. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Kris, you have my sympathies.:cry:
    It's never easy when you have to help one of the fur kids take the trip over the Rainbow Bridge.
    I remember everyone of my hairies who has made the journey over the past 56 years.

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

So sorry to hear that Kris. Never easy.

We have a black Labrador (Cleo) who's nearly 10, and a Labradoodle (Gomez) who's 6 months and will be lucky if he makes it to "adulthood" if he keeps eating everything like he is at the moment. Still, love him to bits though. :lol:

Cleo has had a new lease on life given to her since he has arrived, and has shown Gomez all of the tricks of the trade and because of that, he's a much better puppy than she was. She's also lost 6 kilos without even trying. Wish it were that easy for humans!!

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Deepest sympathies Kris. I really feel for you. What a sad, sad day indeed.

Don't know what I'll do when it's time to say goodbye to Molly. I'll certainly never be the same again. She's healthy and happy at the present, but she also turns 12 this December, so I know I don't have all that long with her now.

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Kris,

You've had the inevitable day that we all dread....:cry:

My dog, (and I say dog, coz apparently a Labrador is not an Airedale), means the world to me, and much more than a lot of people I know.

Cherish the memories, through the pain...... and don't be shy about about the grieving - it's very real!

The time to move forward, is when you're ready.... :heart:

10. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

sorry to hear your sad news. I lost a very special dog a few years back - had to put her down. She was a big part dingo and a small part red healer.
    After thinking I would never get another dog (for about 3 days) I got on the net and started my love affair with Kelpies. Got one flown up from Adelaide and have never looked back. We have 2 kelpies now :)
    Dogs are good mates and the loss of one is definetely hard.
    :cry:

11. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

We currently have 6 dogs. See my avatar for the breed. All but one are rescues. There are another 4 in the rose garden. We lost those 4 in a period of less than 3 years. Two we did not know how old they were. The others went too young. We miss all four dearly.

So now the busses are named after them. When any of our current rescues mis-behave I threaten them with buying another kombi :lol:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  12. kmac

kmac New Member

Have just read posts. Thankyou so so much for your words and thoughts, more tears:cry: . A few giggles about puppy antics too.
    Will reply more later to your lovely posts, tired and puffy eyed and off to beddy.
    Give all your four-legged kids a cuddle and pat for me.
    Kris x

13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Sorry to read about your loss, I feel your pain. :(

We too are animal lovers and Ruby, who could have easily stood in for 'Marley the worst dog in the world' is showing signs of aging now. After years of us wishing she would slow down and behave we now wish we had the young naughty Ruby back.

It's so hard to watch while her muzzle grows greyer, her back legs start failing her and her eyes loose their clearness. The really funny thing is that now she is 9 she actually comes when she is called...who said 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' :lol:

Their lives are way to short, we would love them to live for ever, but sadly this cannot happen, but what we are left with is so many beautiful memories.

x