1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G/Coast/NSW KC BBQ

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Nov 18, 2007.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

A few of us got together today for our BBQ...
    Nice sunny day out numbers were down as many were busy elsewear..
    More pics added as photobucket loads up....
    BTW: my letter to excuse myself for my late arrival & sore head reason was alittle too much party-ing to celebrate Ash's (miss VDub) birthday the night before...hehehe
    Judy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Above) Michelle, Adrain, Cornish, & Doug

(Below) Glen, Lynn, Doug, Dale (seated) & Vincent (seated)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Well the day started off a bit slow I got there at 8.45 to mind the tables and had a 45min wait for the next person to show. Glen (glowmonkey) who drove two hours to be there was the next to arrive. Followed by Doug and Dale and a member I had not meet Vincent in his very nice low light. I was surprised that Judy had not shown as she never miss's but I was wrong she did arrive even with a sore head. Paul, Lynn and Ronald joined us after having some minor trouble with their camper. I am pleased to see Paul is not giving in and going back to the caravelle.
    Judy took quite a few photos so I only have a couple to post and they are of a very nice dual cab owned by Chris. We spent quite some time talking with him and taking lots of photos, thanks Chris for answering all our questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    We also had a couple more new comers who were very well set up with all the gear. I am hopeless with names but I think they were David, Chris's brother and father Brian. (Ganster)? Welcome and we hope to see you all at Tallabudgera.
    We went home along with Judy and the rest carried on for a drive around Sanctuary Cove.
    Full marks to Doug and Dale it was a great spot and lots of parking so we will have to do this one again when its not to close to another event. Its also a great spot for kids and if you like fishing it is right on the water with a small beach, the family dog is also welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Mr Glow's Dash...
    [​IMG]

Wilbur...

[​IMG]

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Nice photo of Wilbur Judy thank you, I will have to make sure I change the wheel cover over next time.

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Another great day missed, spent day fixing a hole in Molly's water tank.
    I love that Dual Cab and wow what a great pic of Wilbur's bum.
    We will definitely be at Tally, hope to catch you all there, I'm starting to forget what you all look like!...............Lorraine

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Jeez, where was everyone? I know that everyone enjoys my company immensely, but for everyone not to show just cos I wasn't there?? :D

Kidding. Look forward to seeing you all at Tally in a couple of weeks. And yes, that DC is loverrrrly.

8. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I was a bit woried about the weather before I left, it was misting and looking like rain up here in the valley when i got up at 5.00, In the end i thought bugger it, I want to clock up some mileage as im still running in the engine so off I headed just on 7.00am. Had a great easy drive down stopped at yatala grabbed the dipstick and it was relatively cool, I was pleased with that after an hour and a bits sitting on 90. so i decided to stretch glomos legs (as the new engine done just on 5000 now) and sat on 110 for a while on the m1 and it did it quite nicely, I wasnt even flat to the floor.

Not long after I arrived to find michelle sitting all alone, we both worried for a while that we were going to be it but no, a few more arrived. turned out to be a lovely day, the weather held nicely, we had a brief run through sanctuary cove to end it off, then george and I putted home.

Thanks all who attended and see you all again at Talle in a couple of weeks.

Ciao Glen

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

10. Vincentwella

Vincentwella New Member

Thank you guys for the day, it was great day and the ride to santuary Cove was good and most of all, I get to meet more kombi lover...hope to see you guys soon...