1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glen Innes or Bust!

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Lumpybus, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

hidelee ho,

Jules, Will and Sheila, cat and dog and myself are going to do a big loop with Yamba, Iluka and Glen Innes in mind as desitations over christmas. Any advice for good free camping spots or any memebers with camping space to lend? We're really loud and fart a lot etc and will probably trash the place, but hey, we're kombi mates right :lol: ?

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with that one.........:umm:

3. roqsta

roqsta Member

Its been a while but the MacIntyre?? river george is quite nice out that way if you can find it.

4. lachie

lachie Member

hey curtis, will and sheila- have fun and a good christmas-
    i'll look for you on the road.
    lach

5. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Head to Angourie and camp in the National Park, from memory a donation will let you stay a night without any hassle, dont try to free camp around Yamba, the rangers are a menace ! Nice surf and some cool rock pools at Angourie too, back beach and spookies.
    Have fun !!!!!!

6. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

Well our trip to glen innes was fun! Anyone going there we can highly recommend the Cragieburn Cottages caravan park. Pets are OK and some really amazing rocks to climb around on. Heading towards Grafton after that we free camped at Lollback rest area on the east side of the bridge at Old Man River (?). Overnight staying is allowed there and the river is gorgeous for swimming. Next day was Iluka/Yamba/Angorie and we just booked a caravan park in Yamba, free camping would have not been an option. Angorie was way cool with the rock pools a definate recommend.

Hay Lachlan, fancy that we actually did see you on the road! Come on up to Hobbit Hill sometime, Claire and Justin know the way.

7. t4camper

t4camper Active Member

Jane and I were at the rock pools on the 28th, then went on to stay at Lawrence on the river bank, both lovely spots.
    Now at Bulahdelah, on our way to Wangi Wangi for sailing.
    Neil

8. lachie

lachie Member

Hey Curtis- we drove tweed to bulli on the 27th-saw 13 kombi's and a Manx buggy- I think we saw you guys just north of grafton? Maybe in convoy with a pink and multi colored kombi?
    Hard to remember - lach

9. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

Yes you did! The colorful bus you saw is GAV, Kombigal's 72, she wasn't at RTTS. I spotted you easily, westy windows are hard to miss :)