1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloucester Caravan Park (Barrington Tops)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by crewcabconnection, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Right in the middle of town on the river. Big open park with good facilities and very low cost. Has river access so kids can float down stream on rings/boards. Easy line of sight for watching the little ones. Bike tracks down and along the river, easy walk into the main town.

Easy to reach Barrington and Gloucester Tops for day touring, lots of fords to cross and lots of camping in the tops national park if you like. Most of the NP sites were great up there, basic toilets, no power/shower ... but easy bus access. The caravan park is a good base to make smaller hops up into the park from.

Kombi touring around the tops (Gloucester/Scone) is ideal. Lots of low/free camping to be had and heaps to do for the kids.

2. warb

warb Member

yeah.. sorta looks like this... ;) .. dropped in on the way back from old bar..

[​IMG]

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My Mum lives there, have a look at every hill mountain .....climbed them all, be a great place for a kombi get together.....and good coffee!!

4. warb

warb Member

also great ridge soaring.... taken many an areo tow there in the old pilatus and the odd blanik..

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

From Maslens?

6. warb

warb Member

cant remember the name of it, private strip.. just remember the wing tip a few meters from the ridge.. could stay up all day like that... some days the thermals would allow you to fly over the buckets and back..

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Had my Glider Licenese 20 years ago then my life insurance company got wind of it and I wasn't covered if I was the pilot......learn't at Lake Keepit.

8. warb

warb Member

nice.. flown keepit. a while back.. most of mine was at mangrove mt, on the winch.. then the abc's out west, Narromine to warren was the first, will have to get my bum back in the seat one of these years.... stop spending money on shit box kombis..

9. Didnt see any mountains, it hammered down with rain for the week and the clouds were down around your ankles. No flying, just swimming.