1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldie in Tree

Discussion in 'SA' started by Gerry and Robyn, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Tree Huggers,
    We were on the way to the Flinders Ranges recently and stopped at Burra Gorge. We liked it so much, we stayed and we stayed and we stayed so long a big old rivergum tree grew around us. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Hi Gerry and Robyn great picture good to see you are back on the road
    Jerome

3. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Jerome, Glad you liked the photo. But this shot was taken a few months ago....Goldie is still off the road....will keep you posted though.
    G.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Betsy still in Sydney awaiting transport to melbourne
    I cant complain the RACV said it would be by the 18th but they would put me on a waitlist for earlier
    In the meantime i am getting around on my push bike..better for my health and saving fuel
    Hope Goldie and Betsy get restored to good health soon
    Cheers Jerome

5. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Jerome, Had you planned on going to the DOVW this Sunday?

6. Greg N

Greg N Member

Nice rig and photo :cool:

I'm looking at purchasing one of those bag awnings for my T3 as well

Greg

7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Too funny Gerry.

Best of luck with the repairs.

8. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Greg, We find the awning works well. It's canvas and it came with a front wall and a side wall(1/2 the length of the car) to shield the wind away and provide more privacy.
    The 3 poles fit into a sleeve and roll up, while the walls fold flat and go into a separate bag. Southern Cross Canvas Bayswater Melbourne.

9. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Yes....hopefully see you there

10. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Scott, Glad you liked the photo. Phil got us going with photobucket(finally). Our first photo to Kombiclub .....weyhey!!

11. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hi Gerry and Robyn, you're first pic to KC was really worth it and an awesome tree too! I wonder how old that tree must be? Hope Goldie's health improves soon so there can be more tree hugging!;)
    Cheers guys,
    Chrissy.

12. Greg N

Greg N Member

Awesome, I will check those out. Thankyou for the info

Greg

13. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Chrissy, Glad you liked the photo....it's on our screen saver. I put a thread up a couple of weeks ago re Goldie's health. It was the computer(about the size of an old VCR case) that fell over, had it repaired and all is good.

14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Excellent pic! :)

Re your ECU, can I suggest you fit the Bosch one fulltime and keep the repaired Triumph Adler one as the spare?

I say this, coz I had my TA one repaired about 3 times, and at best, it was only ever "mostly fixed", (different issues each time), before it fell over again, and I finally gave up on repairs, and ditched it for a much more reliable Bosch unit.

That way, in the rare event the Bosch had issues, you still have a working TA one to get you out of trouble...........:rolleyes:

15. Gerry and Robyn

Hi Grant. Thanks. At the moment I'm doing just that....but I'll swap it sometime soon to test it so that I know the TA is good for a backup.
    To get it repaired cost me more than the 2nd hand one. I can only imagine the frustration it caused with yours.

16. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The last expensive repair on the TA, fresh back from the previous also costly repair, was with it exposed, you could tap on the case, and the engine dies.........

This was demonstarted to the repairer, and he said "that's not right"..... obvious!

So another 10 days off the road dead, waiting for it to be returned................

My bus is a workhorse, and vital to my business, so off the road for more than a day or two, is just not on.

Down the Bosch route from that day on, and no failures since...:)