1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great to see new young members getting into/wanting kombis

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Mr Percival, Aug 26, 2007.

1. i have noticed all the new younger members joining the club recently... BIG WELCOME to them all... its so great to see the kombi love just keeps going and going, generation to generation... hope you all feel welcome and us oldies are able to help you with any questions you may have :)

2. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Another young member (me) has now got a lowlight :)

3. cool, you need to post some pics of it... way to go:)

4. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Thanks man. I put old ones on here once but i'll make a new thread with new pics :)

5. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hear hear!

Yeah, well done to all the new younger members! :)

It is great to see such enthusiasm from them for a vehicle as old as their parents! :rolleyes: Their keenness to learn and their excitement about talking kombis definitely adds to the forum. And how many other forums could have such a diverse range of ages???

It also great to see the patience and positivity with which the "old-hands" greet the learners... things look good for the future of kombi passion! :)

Congratulations everyone!! :)

6. Jehd

Jehd New Member

what do you clasify as young?

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Now that's a good question, we're all young at heart or we wouldn't be driving Kombis but I think it's great to see all the students that share the passion also. Hard to put an actual age on young isn't it?...Lorraine

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Have to agree - Mrs calls me the Fossil as I'm 9 years older than her but am 54 years young :)

9. kinga

kinga Member

Maybe;

young = younger than the car you drive.

Sorry Kahuna, I know that didn't help you.

I am younger than half of my Kombis and older than the other, so I just confused myself.

10. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

I've noticed a fair few kombi's sporting P plates lately. Are kombi's becoming the in thing yet again?

11. SUTTO

SUTTO Active Member

Or more kombi drivers are loosing there licences.

12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Even our daughter, 31 year old Sydney yuppie commented that 'Monty' our Ute was "pretty cool" ..........and that's really something I'm telling you!
    I just wonder how long these old busses will be around, probably way after I have left this earth.......maybe we'll have grandkids that will also have the love of the kombis to pass them down to, that's if yuppie daughter every decides to settle down!:)
    ..............Lorraine

13. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

My kids have all requested one as their first car, and if we're in the financial position to be able to do it, they'll be the luckiest kids going round town.

Our 4 yo was in tears at the dinner table tonight when her father half-jokingly said "I think we need to get rid of Lola". She even had the full-on quivering lip thing happening too, so she's a definite Kombi fan. She's trying to talk her dad into buying a "Barbi Kombicampervan" (her words). Bless her little cotton socks. ;)

14. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Always have been as far as I'm concerned, just became more in when I bacame old enough to drive, then even more in when my mate bought one! :D

My Kombi is 11 years older than me, and is 32 years old next year, and my OTHER Kombi is 13 years older than me turning 34 next year... making me possibly the oldest red P plater in NSW?!?! :eek: :eek: :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  15. Delilah '76

Delilah '76 New Member

haha! My kombi is 14 years older than me, so im DEFINATELY young! :p
    As for kombis being the 'in thing', i reckon anyone with a bit of style and flair has always wanted a kombi... how could you not?!?!

i do agree with the comment that we youngans are being greeted warmly :D it is very much appreciated, trust me! especially because i have no experience with cars!

16. Schmoburger

corblimey another one of us! :eek: :D

17. barrypond

barrypond New Member

My Kombi

My Kombi is 45 years younger than me..Does that make me 'Just an ol fart' young? Bazz

18. Schmoburger

Your only as young as the person you feel Bazz! :D

(lowbrow I know but I couldnt pass that one up... :eek:)

19. Delilah '76

Delilah '76 New Member

haha! if maturity counts for anything, im about 8!
    just had my second drive in the kombi :D and we both came back alive!
    dad reckons im getting better though! [I've only had 5 lessons all up... none since last time in Delilah]

20. Jehd

Jehd New Member

well that makers me young..horray

mind you 22 aint all that old ;)

I threw a party for my kombi last year. She turned 30...it just happened to be the same month i turned 21 ;D