1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings all!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Barnes Bay Hippy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Barnes Bay Hippy

Barnes Bay Hippy New Member

I've just aquired a 74 pop-top, after a 28 year hiatus from Kombi ownership. I usually waste my resources on motorbikes and boats, but a bike swap for a nice 75 Beetle a few months ago, reintroduced me to the VW experience.
    Just sold that Bug yesterday to a happy new owner, and the camper will be in it's place this time next week. I will post some photo's soon after. I tentatively looked at a few Kombi's last year, but they were either too rusty, or way too expensive. There seems to be more "reasonable" vans about right now.
    My memories of my earlier 74 tintop that served a young (and large) family well for a few years are mostly good, and I certainly remember with fondness its off road ( re; beach! ) ability, and the handiness of being able to "sleep-over" when visiting.
    Looking forward to many weekends away, fishing and camping out generally. Cheers all, BBH. Hobart Tas. :D

2. Justin

Justin Active Member

great to hear youve jumped back on the volksy bandwagon Mr BBH :) !

your right though , kombi prices have seem to become more realistic the past few months . . .

have fun trawling the site for lots of useful tips and ideas and engage in some of the interesting conversations that we have here on a regular basis :D

3. Barnes Bay Hippy

Marley

Had the old rust bucket formerly known as Marley towed down from Devonport today. The young lady selling it, was very economical with the truth. Never will I trust an eBayer again! Can anyone recommend a Hobart bloke who can rebuild 2 litre motors that are making more smoke than power? :mad:

4. Barnes Bay Hippy

Got some good advice from the venerable Mordred, just now. Nil Desperatum. All can be fixed. Leigh, from Tyre Express, has promised to rebuild the poor old motor, so I may have a useable camper soon! I will persist until the hippy van, formerly known as "Marley", is in a drivable state.
    I've yet to come up with a name for her, plenty of time for that.

5. Justin

Justin Active Member

ahh , the naming ceremony is a sarced and intimate time between owner and said beloved :lol:

6. logicquests

logicquests New Member

Young ladies and the truth.

I wont buy a vehicle from a young lady. Especially a young hippy chick type. They can see straight through me and know I will do anything they tell me to.

Sad but true.

At least you have your Kombi now and new love is always very nice.

Logic

7. Barnes Bay Hippy

True Mr Logic. I'm putting my painful introduction to this van behind me, and am going to pour love and money into it. The only alternative is to bog and flog, and that would put me in the same class as the person I bought it from.
    When I've got her in a reasonable state of presentation ( functional and comfy ), I will post a photo or two. Cheers.

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Good on you for perservering. I hope "ex-Marley" will return the love.