1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from another Sunny Coaster

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Lottie, May 7, 2011.

1. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Hi my name is Deb, I live in Coolum on the Sunshine Coast and I'm about to start my journey of looking and eventually buying my first Kombi :)

My mum and dad had a 68 split screen and as a kid, just loved camping and our trips around the UK in it and remember when we passed another kombi everyone beeped the horn and waved! :D My little bro then got his and I swore that before i was 40 I'd have my own Kombi!! Well 40 came and went a few years ago!! but the time is now right and my research is beginning.

I have a question, I really want a camper, stove, fridge the works so at the weekends I can fill the fridge with wine and take myself off! It seems that so many have had refites and have seating. if I was to buy with seats, can they be refurbed with kitchen, bed etc and if so any idea of cost?

Really happy to have found the kombiclub :) and look forward to any replies

2. Lottie

Lottie New Member

sorry realised in the wrong forum, dont know how to delete!

3. zeuspig

zeuspig Active Member

Hello and welcome. There is a camper on nicklin way at the moment for 6000 looks a bit average from the road but not sure what's been done to it.

If you were to buy one with seats it can b converted but not sure on cost.

I am sure you will find something. If I hear of any will let you know.

4. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

5. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Thanks Zuespig, I might have a drive down there later.
    gsa2at, love the colour but I was thinking more of get in drive away and nothing to do, that one might just be a little much for me to take on : )

6. live2surf

live2surf Member

Hi Deb, the one on Nicklin way is in Wurtulla opposite a bunch of shops. Chinese shop ect, ect. This might help make it easier to track down.

7. Mikee

Mikee Member

Seen the $6000 one up close and is a bit rough so depends on how much you want to spend on it. If I had seen this post earlier I would have take the phone number off a guy called bill I was just sitting with at Alex selling his dark blue panel van with blank interior. $1400 Ono. Was I nice solid bus!!
    Good luck and welcome anyway.
    Mike

8. Ian 68

Ian 68 New Member

$1400 !! That's cheap as...I went through Alex around midday and saw bays parked up, didn't notice a blue panel....at that price I would have bought it !!

Welcome Jumpingjelly, another Sunny Coaster, a good few of us up this way now.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  9. Mikee

Mikee Member

Seen the $6000 one up close and is a bit rough so depends on how much you want to spend on it. If I had seen this post earlier I would have take the phone number off a guy called bill I was just sitting with at Alex selling his dark blue panel van with blank interior. $14000 Ono. Was I nice solid bus!!
    Good luck and welcome anyway.
    Mike

10. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Many thanks guys for your comments. Didn't get down there today, ended up at the Noosa river with my daughter and friends. I work in the community so know I'll be down thwere this week to take a peek. I called the number for one at Peregian but thinking he must have gone back to the UK already. Getting so much info from this sight, I'm looking at more than nice colours now :)

11. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Just missed out on my bus, sold it for $12500 was a bargain price, heaps on car sales at the moment.

12. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Been looking on caresales for a few months on and off but I really want to learn a bit more before I go out there and buy one and learning lots from here. Looks like therell be good support too if I need it, thank you all, sorry I missed out on yours Dudo

13. donovan

donovan New Member

greeting jumpingjelly
    just read you are looking for a kombi. good place to try is the local vw mechanics. one of the best is mick at micks mechanicals. on 0411833413. he will know if any of his clients are selling and also know the mechanical history of the car.
    also browns at nambour had a very tidy camper there for sale a short time back
    good luck with the search

14. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Thanks Donovan, I actually went to see Nick yesterday from the kombishop at Doonan. had a really good chat and a look around and he's going to start looking for me. Like you say, they'll know the history and see any downfalls. My journey has bagan, I'm even thinking of a name : )

15. donovan

donovan New Member

the search is one of the best parts. Im always looking, but definately give mick a call. great mechanic

16. zeuspig

zeuspig Active Member

I will be talking to todd from Browns on Friday so I will ask about the camper, I haven't seen it there for a bit.

Sorry I haven't got you that photo, I am having computer problems and can only access certain sites.

17. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Thanks guys, much aprreciated. :)

18. Mikee

Mikee Member

The one at browns is still there, it's in their car park now not next door. believe it to be around the $20,000 mark from memory.

19. Tiffy

Tiffy New Member

Camper for sale

Have a look at my log in on the same page as yours with a picture of our camper. The motor is gone but it is a great vehicle.

Tiffy.

20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Be carefull
    He meant mick at micks mechanical.
    very different kettle of fish.

Talk to mick

cheers

col