1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! Central Coast

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Goymarr, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Just wondering if anyone on the coast would have a spare accelorator linkage for a '75 bus? Mine snapped yesterday and I am well and truly stuck as no-one is open at this time of year and it is my only vehicle.

2. Frank

Frank Active Member

Hi Goymarr,

Maybe put a pic up of the linkage area that you mean (that's snapped) - or is it the cable?

This may help let others know exactly what the replacement part you are after is - or maybe it can be repaired?

3. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Hope this works, havent posted pics before...

[​IMG]

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

I tried calling the Bus Stop but no answer, I assume they are shut down over the period like many others. Think I may have found one in Newcastle, going tomorrow to have a look to make sure it's the part.

Then the only problem is swapping it over... is it an easy job for someone that openly has no-idea?

6. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Is that your kombi parked out the front of Erina automotives?.
    Sorry i cant help you with the part you need.
    If you find the part give me a call and i can give you a hand to try and change it over.
    Havent changed one before but it shouldn,t be to hard, i can bring some tools if needed?.
    Other wise tony is a good at erina automotives an will be back soon.
    cheers chuck

7. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Yeah that's my girl, had it towed there before I realized he was shut til the 7th... He does all the work on it normally, and is extremely helpful.
    Thanks for the offer, will be taking you up on it for sure
    Trev

8. ahuggett213

ahuggett213 Member

Mate, Sorry to see your bus down at Erina yesterday.

Give me a shout if you need a hand as I'm off for a couple of weeks, I'm not sure how to change one but I'll hold the beer while Chuck has a go!.

You have my number if you need it

Andy

9. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Sorry i missed your call an replied back via txt.
    Im back at work on tuesday an are free to help you on any weekday morning up until 2p.m. or any time on the weekend .
    you start back to work as well on morning shift so let me no what time suits an ill meet you at tonys,
    cheers chuck

10. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Thanks guys all fixed, bus still there but problem fixed just need to move it now. Turned out being very easy, big ups to Nymeyer Automotive in Belmont for being open over the period breifly and having the part for me. 4 screws and a nut, easy fix, finally something I could do :) Big thanks to Chuck and Andy for offering their assistance too

11. nice ending.

12. Frank

Frank Active Member

Id like to add that Chuck has helped me with a few bits and pieces and some good advice over time too.

I have also had many great experiences relating to dealings with KC folk - many good stories to tell