1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Curtis and TCB broken down at Coolangatta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by terbear, Jan 2, 2011.

1. terbear

terbear Member

Hey guys, Curtis is stuck in Coolangatta with a dead fuel pump... Can anyone help him. His number is 0438976314.... :(

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Not unless there is no cops with a RBT between him and us:)

3. terbear

terbear Member

lol...he's back up and running.....

4. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Yay for Curtis & TCB. :lol:

5. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

I made it home! What happened: I was going south on the M1 near burleigh heads when TCB up and quit. After some burnt fingers and a case of petrol lips i surmised the fuel pump was no longer pumping. I had a full tank of petrol which meant fuel was flowing from gravity so i just stuck the fuel line from the tank directly to the carb and was able to make it to a petrol station near the Coolangata airport. Having nothing to lose I fiddle-farted around in the engine compartment and found a steel pin near the distributor. Turns out it's the pin that's pressed into the base of the fuel pump and is the fulcrum point for the internal pump lever, it had fallen out. No pin no pump. I had to pull the distributor to loosen the fuel pump and press the pin back in and voila, I have a pump again. I could have fixed the pump without the pin but if I hadn't found it I might not have figured out the problem! Lucky as! Thanks for all who called and offered to drive me around and whatnot. KC rawks!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear you got home safely Curtis.

7. kmac

kmac New Member

Love it, what a legend, just fixing up the old fuel pumparooni with the pin thingy and off ya go, fantastic. Well done and thanks for sharing.
    Kris

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

The few times I have broken down in M (except for the flat tyres at KC Bonny Hills trip) its been the same problem....the pin falls out of the fuel pump.
    I have since found out its quite a common problem & they all do it....:mad:
    Now we just keep an eye on pin & keep checking it...
    I'm on my 3rd fuel pump now :(

9. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Man I was hgetting worried then. I was reading about how you found the pin near the distributor and thinking about where the fuel pump is on MY bus in relation to the dizzy :eek:

Then it all fell into place.

Good work getting it going again!!