1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historic/Club NSW Registration

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Rosscoe, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Hi again
    My Kombi is currently on NSW Historic Registration, due to plans for many more driving days in the future we will be putting her back on Full Rego, has anyone here done this with their vehicle. RMS told me that I have to get a blue slip, however a second call to RMS said i dont, hence the reason for this post, has anyone actually done it. She is currently registered and insured and is current until December 2019.

Thanks again for reading.

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Cancelling conditional registration
    You can cancel the conditional registration at any time by completing the Cancel Registration Advice on the back of the vehicle’s Certificate of Registration, and presenting the advice at a registry or service centre.

There is no cancellation fee, and no refund for the administration or number plates fees already paid.

A cancellation letter will be sent, so you can apply for a refund for the unused portion of the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance premium.

Found here: https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/conditional.html

My understanding was that you needed a Blue Slip as it is classed as unregistered again. I can't find anything in writing on the RMS website - maybe you should ask the Plates Registrar in your club.

Rosscoe likes this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

My biggest fear:eek:.
    Cheers

Mr Beckstar and Rosscoe like this.
  4. melissa

Nothing to fear if you know someone who knows kombis.

Mr Beckstar, Rosscoe and David H like this.
  5. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Yes mine too.

David H and Mr Beckstar like this.
  6. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

x2 Melissa's :rolleyes: post I haven't done it personally but have heard you need to get a blue slip to be able to register it.

7. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Yes that is what has been said to me, not sure why though, the vehicle is currently registered, was on full registration prior to going over to Historic, has not been unregistered prior or after Historic rego.

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  8. Wayne murray

If your car is on historical rego it is classified as an unregistered vehicle,regardless of what ,where and when it was on before it become an historical rego. It doesn't seem correct but unfortunately it is an unregistered vehicle and every time you use it
    A) you got to log it in under the 60 day use scheme or
    B) Use it under a club event requirement of use.

9. melissa

It also has to do with the fact that only the club member can drive it. It's like the car is unregistered but only allowed to be on the road for the limited days - that way when you sell the car, you can't sell the person who is the club member with it. It is hard to put into words - but think of it like buying a car from out of state - you have to get a blue slip then to put it into NSW rego anyway - but with historic or club rego, legally a new purchaser would not be able to drive it away as they would not be a club member of the club linked to your vehicle.

ADDN: No longer the case - see later post 24/8/19

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Rosscoe and Mr Beckstar like this.
  10. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

So if a perspective buyer drives the vehicle, whilst on club rego, should there be an accident, the registration and green slip are invalid?

11. melissa

Probably. My advice would be, if you were thinking of selling, get it off historic first.

I understand the original poster was not thinking of selling - it was for more use than 60 days per year. Sorry to take it off track.

Rosscoe likes this.
  12. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Correct, we will be touring permanently in the future and wanted to put her back on full rego, seems like I will have to blue slip her first, thank you to everyone who responded.

Wayne murray, melissa and David H like this.
  13. David H

& good fortune with that Rosscoe:).
    Enjoy the travels:D & doing what Kombis were destined to do:cool:.
    Cheers

Rosscoe likes this.
  14. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Thank you mate, and yes I was dreading the Blue Slip, hoping they are not too pedantic with her lol

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  15. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I’m not up on what a “blue slip” actually is, but it is the same as visit to the motor registry pits, to conduct a full inspection to ensure there is no issues, and the vehicle is safe & roadworthy, to then be legally registered as such? o_O

Or can a licensed mechanics workshop perform a “blue slip”? :rolleyes:

16. Wayne murray

It is a licence workshop that performs the blue slip,equivalent to over the pits.(or use to be)

David H and Mr Beckstar like this.
  17. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

So if your regular mechanic, is a licensed workshop, there should be no issue...:rolleyes:

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  18. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

No, an automotive repair license is different. To carry out blue slip inspections, they need to be an authorised/licensed registration inspection workshop with blue slip capability. Some authorised inspection workshops can only do pink slip inspections.

19. David H

Jethro, Mr Beckstar and Rosscoe like this.
  20. Wayne murray

As Mr Beckstar has stated:rolleyes: is correct

Rosscoe, melissa and Mr Beckstar like this.