1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How low is your ride???

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by pyoties bro, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

This is mine the day I bought it;
    [​IMG]

And this is a few weeks ago;
    [​IMG]

Lowered about 5 inches on the front and 3.5 at the back.

2. JayBone

JayBone Member

Mine is lowered about 5" on the front (also wearing low profile tyres) and 4" on the rear just on the spring plates (positive camber) , the added weight on our racks makes it even lower?

We have experienced a few problems with this, there are loads of driveways and ramps etc that we have scraped, especially exiting supermarkets and fuel stations, we have to exit at a large angle so as not to hit the steering box at the front!! Take a close look at my side-step, that has also had a few collisions!

Dirt roads are a nightmare, the vibration was so bad one road that our rear axle nut came loose!!! When you hit a corrugated section you will know about it! haha

Also, removing the rear wheels is a real pain, especially if you have wider, non-standard wheels.

That said, i have no plans to raise him! Looks way too cool

Here are a couple of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Pack of hoons!

4. okymura

okymura Member

Lowered by Indian Auto by previous owner, has been raised by 20mm because of Adelaide's roads.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  5. Justin

Justin Active Member

man i am sooooooooooooo in love with your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :lol:

6. teeveezed

teeveezed Member

Mine gets lowered substantially every time I climb in!

7. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

Thanks V6 kombi,if your going to the nationals you should be able to see her in the flesh.I'm thinking of entering her this year.cheers

8. Justin

Justin Active Member

sweet ! - i put mine in last year as one of the "daily drivers" - though i had to enter with a smashed widscreen thanks to some maggot kids who thought it would be fun to throw clumps or cement (and i mean like , fist size !!) at poor doug , paint off everywhere too !!! :mad:

would like to go again this year , hope all works out for me :D

would love to have a chin wag with you about your beauty !!!

peace :)

9. carazeee

carazeee Member

Put some pics up CALSPLIT :)

10. CALSPLIT

CALSPLIT New Member

Would Love To ....new At Trying To ..need Some Hints ...thanks

11. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

12. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Hi CALSPLIT, welcome to the KC. Further to the links above from baykruzer, 1500king and I just posted some 'how to' photo help for another member having trouble - read below...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1500king View Post
    Get yourself a photobucket account(free) , upload the pics from your PC, then copy and paste the URL's for each pic into your message.

Quote: KombiMadness
    Once your photos are uploaded from your PC to your PhotoBucket album, simply slide your curser over the photo you want to place in your Kombi Club post and 4 choices will appear. Now slide your curser down to the lowest choice (IMG code) and left click on it. It will flash 'copied'. Now, go to your KC post and right click and select 'paste' - voila! you now have a photo in your post (although it will appear as computer code, for the time being). Repeat this process up to 3 times for 3 more photos = a total of 4 photos per post.

Hope this helps. I find it a good idea to click on 'preview post' to double check that the photos are how you want them...

Regards Markus (KombiMadness)

13. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, the reason I went to the trouble to explain posting photos isn't because I'm a nice guy :lol: it's because like carazeee said, we want to see photos of your slammed Cal Split!!!

14. carazeee

carazeee Member

We LOVE photos! And no photos means it doesn't exist! :p

15. Surfpig

Surfpig Member

so have you or havent you lowered your bus?

16. richard carroll

richard carroll New Member

you need adjustable springplates when going that low, they will allow the rear wheels to swivel down when the rear is jacked up and the ride height is fully adjusatable using the adjustment bolt. have a look at creative engineering, got mine for my splitty from indian automotive in sydney and they were modified well but did not include the spacers which are needed as the mod doubles the width of the spring plates.

17. barrypond

barrypond New Member

Hi Guys....I miss the advantage of lowering...... What are they?

18. Low72

Low72 New Member

It's all about the look bro :cool:

19. Jimmypar5

Jimmypar5 Member

Hey Jon, looking really nice:cool: :cool: How is the ride? And also, how about a photo of the wheels you have as well. And what tyres are you running?????

20. SlownLow

SlownLow Member

SA vs NSW

Nick,
    Thanks for your input.
    I have lowered 2 x buses in nsw and never had any rego issues.. however plan to move to SA at some point..

Any one had experience getting a car rego transferred from NSW to SA, when the car has been lowered.?

Cheers