1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bluebaymike, Nov 21, 2009.

1. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

Thought I'd say hello, been browisng the site

I've just bought an '84 bus, its pretty solid and goes well with the 2.1 motor. I've kitted it out with a camping interior as it was bare when I bought it and a bit shabby.

Its looking good now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I previously had a 1970 Sunroof Deluxe Bay which I sold a few months ago :cry

I spent alot of time on the bay, fully restoring it, doing all the work myself. hers a pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hoping to get to some shows soon, just need to find out where and when they are.

Take it easy

Mike

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Mike :)

3. GusW

GusW New Member

Welcome Mike and enjoy the camper. Great job on the bay too, the cab in your looks brilliant. Leather seats are a bit flash for a kombi! Where did you get your door cards?

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Those seats do look flash and comfortable :D I noticed the bay was left hand drive have you just moved over here?

I'm sure you are going to love the new one just as much.

Welcome to KC :)

5. old skool

old skool New Member

Hi Mike and welcome

Question: What are the seats out of?

old skool :cool:

6. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club and yet another T3. Great camper.

Ian

7. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

Hey everyone, me and my girlfriend have just come over to aus for a year, the seats in the bay are out of a renault 19 (don't think you have those here) they fit perfect and the most comfortable seats ever. i just removed the sub frames and fabbed up som 'L' brackets and bolted them to the arch, they were cool as i had them adjusted right for me!

it was a LHD from the Saharah in 1983 to the UK, theres an interesting story behind that too...

The door cards ar the originals from the factory, suprisingly in good condition although i had to source the original chrome handles, winders and grab plates/ rear of locks.

I can post more pics of the bus if you would like. I spent alot of time on the bay so thanks for the comments!

I hope to see some of you at RTTS this weekend, i only wish i was in my bay :(

Mike

8. Lelta

Lelta Member

great looking bay Mike!! We do have renault 19's here in Aus ... I was thinking of putting 19 seats into my bus for the comfort factor, but decided to go with the originals. WE LOVE PICS so - if you've got 'em post 'em!!

Welcome to AUS - you've come at the right time!!

Leah :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  9. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Agreed, lovely bay, but props on that T3 camper. That's going to be just the thing for some Aussie touring. Good simple camping setup and overall a good lookin unit! Nice one mate. Be great to catch up on the road. Where will your Australian travels take you?

10. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

When I get some speedy internet i'll upload a gallery link for you to look through! We are travelling up the East Coast but its getting to sticky and hot for us so back South or maybe over to Perth! W have'nt decided yet!

11. SunnyJim

SunnyJim Well-Known Member

welcome mike , love to see more pics of the bay, my son and i working on a 71 lowlight and need good ideas. agree with all, those seats look good
    paul