1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance for our Kombi

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by The Fennemores, May 4, 2010.

1. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, always hard when you have expertise in the same area…..you know how long it would take and that could be discussed…..what they won’t move on is their hourly rate….THAT’S gonna be the sticking point.
    Good luck….do you have the option of using a different repairer?
    I found similar with building subcontractors …..particularly hard to get them to budge when they’re so busy .
    Cheers,
    Mark

2. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a way out of Shannon's..the Suncorp twits don't do it for me. Imho.. there's risk to your cars now that never was.. I have my cars too. They are being prickly.. on an accident that was all on the other driver... yet rip me off , short change me... no thanks.

3. 1500king

Apparently $80 bucks per hour is 'industry standard'... from a Shannon's assessor. For an acco that wasn't your doing. Hey.. that was 1990s.. nobody honest will work for that rate

grumble likes this.
  4. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

I agree they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars sponsoring motor shows and motorsport telling everyone how great their passion for cars are and then screw the people who are supporting them. "WHY"

5. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

Oddly I rang Shannon’s a few weeks ago for a quote for insurance for my kombi . Consultant took my details and kombi specs . Told him what amount I wanted to insure for. He then began going through for sales on car sales and e bay and pointing out the ones at the low end that need work as a guide . I was surprised and expected better from what I have heard .
    The phone dropped out , and i kinda expected he would call me back considering he had my details ... but no...I suppose not meant to be on that occasion ..

6. 1500king

Yeah, they tried that on me with my Euro 1967 beetle with original paint and body. I looked them up and all were Aussie '67' 's bogged up and disaster specials.

Some advice to the Shannon's... um.. Suncorp crew... you're going to Lose an awful lot of customers who have done the right thing.

I'm in the process of pulling all my daily drives, then the rest of the fleet will be out. I'm going elsewhere, even if it costs more.

I believe their 'industry standards' note is an act of fraud as they repeatedly did not produce their basis of quantification when asked for... repeatedly.

David H likes this.
  7. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

let us no how you go Andrew. Im sure the new insurance company would be rubbing there hand together if they got a few hundred new kombi policies an maybe could do us a kombi club special price .cheers chuck.

David H likes this.
  8. 1500king

Well, I dunno about 'group special'.. commitment is hard these days, but I'm done with Suncorp/Shannons. Going with Lumleys Special Vehicle insurance.