1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Tin Bits, Mar 20, 2014.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

legal situation as I have had it explained to me is that one can recount ones own exeriences with accurate details of such as long as one does not suggest that that is how the business usualy operates or that they would do it on any other occasion.

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

3. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

I think you misunderstood my post Brian and Cathy as I agree with you 100%.

tom

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

All good Tom, no worries here mate. I just feel for Tinbits.

5. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Good job nobody can see our faces brian ........lolol

6. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

So the tale goes on,

Another strange thing was that he asked me what address I sent the carbs to and I replied the address on your business card OH he says that's not the right address and haven't been for years, I say what!! It's on your cards oh is it what the!! He's says Aust Post doesn't recognise that address is it could of been delivered anywhere.

I say what is the address on your cards as well as your web site then reply oh I must change that ( bull shit )

So now I am offered the real Webers if I pay him another $500 !!! Very kind as that's what I wanted in the first place.

I then ask him has he had anything to do with carbs called Decades and he replies yes ( Decades is a brand that is a copy of the Weber ) I had investigated and a few of them on a few motors sold in this area.

Funny that he sells Decades but no mention of them on the web site Only Webers.

Time for a rest I am getting more pissed off !!!!!

Will continue later.

7. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Can you post his web site please Ian, thinking of buying some webers

8. sacky

sacky Member

pm sent tin bits

9. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

So it's not just me then as indicated by the number of PM's I have received.

Please be advised that in no way would I put any of the forums or the people on the forums in any situation where legal eagles could get involved,that was never my intention.

Also I would add that I have delt with a lot of suppliers of parts over the years and this problem has not been caused by any suppliers in Brisbane or Queensland, I have nothing but praise for there help and supply of parts.

I have made a lot of friends on all forums and the VW people don't want or deserve to deal with shonky fast talkers with shit service.

So I will leave it at that.

I have a lost out this time but the Kombi Karma will pay a visit at some point.

Thanks for your replies and PM's

10. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Possibly bit late for this now, but do you know anybody in the area you posted the parts to that coul drop into the address you mailed to. I had a friend who sent something to a wrong address once, 3 mths later he happened to be on holidays in that area and dropped into the address he had sent the parts to and found that the company that was at the place that had mistakenly received the gear still had it sitting there. you may even be able to google earth street view the address and see a company name you could call.

11. chenko

chenko Member

just read this thread
    any reason didnt go to dept fair trading? I would have been off making more noise then a elephant walking on bubble wrap

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

fair trading are useless. have seen much worse issues ignored by them.

13. chenko

chenko Member

i see .....not so good to know consumer protection is not up to scratch

14. Subdub67

Subdub67 Active Member

What happened? Did this get sorted out? This post just fizzled out? Hope it got sorted mate.