1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JK T3 Lowering springs ???

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by 65busser, Nov 26, 2011.

1. 65busser

65busser Member

Just had a set of springs from JK fitted to my 91 SC. The front has come down nicely but the rear is still up in the air with the left side 25mm higher than the right.
    I haven't driven it more than 5 or 6 k's so I'm hoping it will settle down but the thing that concerns me is that the rear springs are nearly fully compressed in the middle of each coil.
    I'll put up a pic when/if it stops raining.
    Anyone fitted them to a ute before?

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Had thought about fitting to my 90 SC (91 Aust Compliance).

Ute lighter in the rear end so they may settle but feel the rear will remain higher - changing the shocks may help fix.

3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I have them on my 1989 Caravelle. Sits nice and even although it appears to be higher in the back but its not. I put all new Koni twin tube adjustable shocks on at the same time. Yes the springs do appear to be more compressed than the factory but the ride is good except when you hit a pot hole :(

4. Kresto

Kresto Member

Mine settled heaps after a week or two, much happier with the look of it now. Load the back with cement bags etc, will make all the difference.? [maybe]