1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Kamper cover from Roy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Resol, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Resol

Resol Active Member

I just have to say........................
    My poor split has been kicked out of the garage for the wife and I decided that the 4x4 was an expensive car and should be in the garage!!!!
    So on went the JUST KAMPER cover I bought from Roy (The Bus Stop for those that dont know) and in the last week with all the rain taht has fallen.....MY RASTO IS DRY AS INSIDE!!!!!!!!! he is a little damp on the roof BUT all dry sides and NO water inside!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

GREAT COVERS:D

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

M's cover is the BEST thing I have ever bought for any of my cars...they are excellent....zips on all sides, has privacy when you want to sleep in your kombi, & protects in the rain...multi purposes....highly recommend them :)

3. Resol

Resol Active Member

Yep Judy all that PLUS cargo zip as well!!!!!
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 74westy

74westy New Member

hmmmm interesting. I assume they fit the bays. I need me a good cover for Hendrix, i can see him outside on the grass in the thundery rain as we speak :O

5. dazzler916

dazzler916 New Member

I've got one on my Bay and it fits like a glove.

6. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Nice, are they expensive? Presume if you are using outside they are made of something water resistant and soft inside so as not to rub on paint when its windy? (Not that that is a worry with Ratso)

7. Resol

Resol Active Member

About $200 from Roy, they dont have felt like material on the inside but they are very light weight (when evenly spread over your bus) and have 3 ties (2 from side to side and 1 from front to back) with stretchy front and back lower edges to tuck under the bus...

Nige.. if you are concerned about rubbing, I would place a thin sheat of plastic and secure that, then the cover would just brush over that!!!!!
    I think a slight rub on the roof is well worth the constant battering of rain into the seals etc!!

8. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

I totally recommend these covers we had gweney painted this time last year and she has lived under a just kampers cover since, good fit over a BAY and the pop top has prevented any rubbing on the new paint work no signs of anything negative at all $200 well spent !

9. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Cheaper than a new garage at least :)

10. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

u could have borrowed mine grant...i have noooooo kombis to fit it over atm.:(

11. Resol

Resol Active Member

Oh poor JD, put the I30 & Hyundai together and throw it over them to make it lokk like you got a Kombi:lol:

12. evsky

evsky Member

Just be carefull if any moisture builds up inside and then on a hot day it can boil and blister paint just had it happen on my mazda in the shed not happy.

13. Resol

Resol Active Member

Thanks for the insight Evsky..
    Im actually airing mine now as to just air the dampness out but didnt know it could blister to paint!!:umm:

14. Air Cooled V4

Air Cooled V4 New Member

would one of these covers fit on a 74 poptop camper with roof racks, im guessing not

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Evsky was it the same kombi cover?....or another type of cover you put over your mazda?

16. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Not recommended. it will fit but it leaves the side steps exposed. Also, the shape of the roof rack acts like a swimming pool and collects water.

17. Air Cooled V4

Air Cooled V4 New Member

Good Point i didnt think of that, i think id better give these a miss.