1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KahunaKombi, tell me this isn't Igor!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by JHB88, Nov 20, 2010.

1. JHB88

JHB88 Member

2. Frank

Frank Active Member

Like the way, they have put a wheel clamp on, in case someone tries to drive it off the roof :)

[​IMG]

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully it's only the plates.....:eek: No,no,no.....c'mon Bert - tell us it's not Igor...

4. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

looks to be Igor to me, the duck bill on Igor was removed, so the front bumper would fit flush to the front, like a lowlight does.

That bumper looks pretty flush to me.

5. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

NOOOO!!!!! tell us it is not soooooo

6. Marty

Marty Active Member

I think Igor's looking good!

Edit: I didn't see that they had cut the roof. That's just not cool.. everything else could have been put back by the look of it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

That was the number plates that were on Igor.

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Striking resemblance :wtf: yes Igor had those number plates and looks as though the new owners are using him as the marketing tool they said he was destined for but I never expected a hole to be cut in his roof.
    Crawford Catering bought him and they are the ones who built the XXXX Gold Retreat (yellow pantec that opens up into an ettamogah style pub).
    Not sure why they have still not put Vic rego on him seeing it is 11 weeks since he left his lair and I was assured 3 weeks ago they had done it.

Eyelids and removed his mags for steelies wonder what else they changed - oh well not to worry it's their car now but still concerned about the rego situation.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  9. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

:eek: they could have done that to any old kombi, but to Igor?????
    I hope he likes his new clothes

10. Necro

Necro Active Member

Well I never....:eek:

11. oldman

That's just not right. I knew I should have sold one of the kids & bought Igor when I had the chance :eek: ....and to think I was worried that I didn't have a garage to house him in. Oh well, as Bert said, he's theirs now.........:cry: :cry:

12. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

So Bert, what did you replace Igor with ?

13. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't actually put a large hole in the roof, and the fibreglass is for the roofrack?

But as Bert pointed out, it is their kombi now and therefore they can do what they want with it - including lowering it's potential resale value!

14. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

No the roof lifts up with a dj rig in it. I think it's pretty sweet but it could have been done with a lesser van.

I hope you guys don't hate what I am doing with mine though it's not as radical as this, nor is my car as mint as igor was.

15. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

It's just such a fu#^&#ing shame to see one of THE BEST bays in Aus treated like that. I am SO SO disapointed by the ass*%@les that would treat igor like that. They could have taken any bus they wanted, but why oh why would they choose this one.

16. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Gee whiz, comments are a bit over the top aren't they? sure it doesn't look the greatest but a bus is a bus is a bus. They bought it, they do what they want with it.

17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Agree Kel =========

18. KahunaKombi

Nothing at the moment Mike although have been interested in a couple but timing not right and they've gone else where. Still looking and open and in no rush :rolleyes:

19. KahunaKombi

Been down to RTTS this morning and spoke with a few members there who are of the same opinion Paul - they could have used a pop top camper.

Not game to show the wife as she'll spew :barf:

20. oldman

I suppose if you feel that way, a bus is just a bus, however a lot of folk here appreciate how mechanically spec.'d up Igor was & the amount of care that Bert had lavished on the bodywork & finishes - so it comes as no surprise to me that people are dismayed at the direction the new owners have sent Igor on.
    Most have recognised that the new owners,obviously, have carte blanche with Igor now. I, for one, will be watching the Golden Sheaf closely to see if he's moved on in the future -if all the "bones" are still there, he could be returned to his former glory & would be worth waiting for.....Some drive kombis 'cause buses are cool, others own them for the lifestyle & what they represent. Hope this explains in some small way why some of the comments are "over the top" .Cheers, Mark