1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaiser dedicated transport

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Kaiser Von Fergz, May 18, 2012.

1. Kaiser Von Fergz

Kaiser Von Fergz New Member

This may be a tad presumptuous, and definently hopeful, but here is a (badly painted) example of what is about to become a reality

The money box Kombi of the real thing

[​IMG]

Hopefully next week I will have the kombi that will be transformed into this beast!
    PS. forgive my horrible painting

2. gusfallis

gusfallis Member

will it be a bay or a splitter?

3. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

You're not painting the real thing purple and green are you?

4. Kaiser Von Fergz

Real thing will be a Bay, cant afford to do up a split

And yes, yes it will be pruple and green ... :D

anyways, to the road! 800k's to destination and kombi!

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Reminds me of Scooby Doo.

6. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Personally, I like purple & green - if you are going for a custom paint job, they're good colours....

Not sure about the green striping position so far, though?!? What ever you do, don't paint it a 'look-a-like' two tone Splitty paint scheme :eek: it looks really bad on a Bay.

Are you painting it or getting a professional paint job?

7. Kaiser Von Fergz

naa, the striping wont look like that, jsut where the ceramic lines were on the coinbox. when i get time i will do a photo-shop of the real thing to get a rough idea.
    I would like to do it myself, and I have a couple of pannel-beater mates, so hope to do it on the cheap.

and I got the kombi! yay! pics up tomorrow, just spent the last 8 hours driving, sleep time

but ... KOMBI!!!

8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Sweet Dreams!

9. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

Paint it with a 4 inch brush, the only way to paint purple and green , don't use water based though..

10. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

And here I was thinking you had some class. 15 window in my favourite SWR, but you also like purple and green?

Definitely use an oil based paint, but I would recommend a roller for the large, flater panels.

But seriously good luck with the vision/dream. There's something nice about individuality.

11. KombiMadness

Me, class ?!? :lol:

I just love Kombis, full stop. I like OG paint but I don't mind a good custom paint job, either - hence my query regarding professional v. do-it-self. Purple is one of my favourite colours which I know isn't most people's taste but hey, each to their own :p

You probably hate this, Aspro but I think it's cool! Thinking outside the box...

[​IMG]

12. KombiMadness

Here's another one painted a little more conventionally for a Split but custom non VW colours..... it looks pretty slick, n'est ce pas?!?

[​IMG]

13. Kaiser Von Fergz

Quick photo before I get going, much to do!

The beginning!

[​IMG]

Also: Love the bus Mr Madness, but I will be using a much deeper purple :D

14. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Nice base there! You have one of those very rare High/ Low light busses......:lol:

Will look great in your colour scheme.

15. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

This is Rolando's bus, he owned my bus before it came to Australia, we're going to the VW classic and OCTO with him in a few weeks, this is a stunning Bus... for sale too..

16. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Love this bus and colour scheme. Saw it on the Samba for sale a couple of months back.

Kaiser your bus looks like a nice solid base. Get cracking my good man. Lots of work to do.

17. Kaiser Von Fergz

Stripped the back out

bit of an update: stripped out the back area
    both rows of seats and all 6 seat belts gone
    all the panels and floor stuffs plus some of the carpet that's glued to the walls and roof.
    Also that pokey little roof cupboard thingy was removed, may or may not keep it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks rather empty in the back now!

18. Kaiser Von Fergz

Still have the front to do yet

[​IMG]

and I finally found some rust in the old girl, no surprise its around the battery:

[​IMG]

19. KombiMadness

As Scott (syncro27) said, nice base..... very little to no rust! Nice....

Be sure to pop all your windows out and check for rust under all the window rubber. You gonna be doing this anyway for a good spray job - if the rubber is at all perished, replace it with good German stuff; the outlay is worth it as the seals will last another 30 years!

Deep[er] Purple is your choice?!? No worries, good rock band! :lol: In all seriousness, I am looking forward to seeing your cosmetic resto, custom paint - yeah baby!!! :cool:

20. Kaiser Von Fergz

As long as there is no smoke on any water from me going past it should be all good Mr Madness ;)

Well, she is show registered, got my plates and rego sticker on her.
    With typical vicroads reliability this process was all over the place but worked out for the best in the end:

Went in last week to get it all started, told to fill out this part of this form, will do the rest off the system during appointment. No you dont need to bring it in as its already registered in ATC under *that guy*, just bring in the plates.
    1 week later: ok, need to you fill out this bit still, should have done that before you came in .... also we need to do a quick once over of the vehicle and see its compliance plate to make sure its 8 seats ...
    Me: but but but was told ... and i didnt drive it in, told to just bring plates

however, they were already 45 mins behind on the appointments by the time i even got to the counter and there were several people still behind me so it was a case of:
    Ok, sign this, i'll print this, *leans behind counter* hey mate can you sign this? cheers.
    there you go, heres your plates, rego sticker, shes good to go
    me: cheers mate, thanks! cya!

so it all worked out in the end for me :D