Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Grantus, Aug 12, 2018.
I wish I had a workshop lol
I have a great work shop - drive in / drive out
It's called Hampden Road
Nice shop Grant, and the van is coming up a treat.
The worst rust I found, was actually on the rear bumper, underneath the rubber strip.
So out with the angle grinder and flapper disk, to remove all the surface rust. (The inside of the bar was rust free).
Then out with cutting compound to buff the whole bar, and some Rustguard paint applied to seal the areas.
Finally bolted back onto the bus, and the scrubbed and treated rubber strip re installed.
Nice job...I had microbus once and that's the only place it rusted...not the best design
Work out where those felt bits went?
Working on it - but my doors aren’t yellow like the pic!
Front doors are on the list of things to do in the next 48 hours.
Drivers side guide and felt is fine, but passenger side is missing both. I must carry too many careless clumsy passengers!
Looks awesome with all the windows back in and most of the bits back on. ensational stuff.
Ohhh..............just noticed the rear tail light infill panels!
You always had these?
i want to get some of these
They are genuine Hella blenders, I bought from an Ebayer in Germany 12 - 15 years ago. So no, they didn’t come with the bus, but I have had them on for quite a while.
Got the wipers and handles finished baking with the black Cerecote finish.
All the fixed glass now back in, and front bar fitted. Onto the front doors next............
Loving the progress!
Now looking at the power mirrors and driving lights, all looking rather tired.........going to have to pull them all apart, mask, fill, sand and cerecote them too.
More hours to be found......
Def opened a “can of worms” with this tidy up.
Keep going, looks great & loving the cerecote. Do it once, do it well!
Now you'll be able to be nervous about the first work horse dent (until it happens & then it's easy after that!)
Gets like that lol I thought I’d clean out the bottom track on my sliding door....so far I’ve cleaned all tracks, refurbished all rollers, rebuilt the spring, built one good door latch out of 2 broken ones and still have to fit dynamat before I put the panel back on
I hear you.......
Those quarter vent window rubbers into the chrome, don’t get any easier........
only thing easy is the driving
Always easier the next time round, the LH front door glass is back in, completing the glass re install, “A”pillar gutter trims on, rear crash bar installed, and front headlights, indicators and grilles back on.
Working on tidying up the wheels and mud flaps tonight......... then to finsih tidying up the interior.
Separate names with a comma.