1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KC meeting Brisbane 28th Oct 07

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by jae, Oct 28, 2007.

1. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

And finally......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

great pics/rides
    great spot
    great day !
    well done Kyra et all...

3. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Nice wheels!! The hippies must be thick on the ground up there in brissy! ;)

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Da Grlz.......keeping a eye out

[​IMG]

last one....Dub Drivers...

[​IMG]

7. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Kyra warned me about the fuel too

Don't forget to stock up on spare tank of fuel Doug - would hate to see you and Dale stuck out in no man's land! ;)

Maybe I was just topping up waiting for you and Chopper to catch up!!

Maybe.

Sprung!!

8. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Great day and NO I don't drink that black poison!

Yesterday was a great day at a great venue. Thanks Kyra for organising a great central meeting place for a lot of people.

Kids young and old had a great time playing on swings, having a cricket game and procuring lots of pepsi's from the Pepsi Ute which visited.

No Lorraine I don't even drink that black poison. Just trying to get some drinks for the KC and those girls were happy to oblige. Reall lovely girls they were too!

Those were two very hard working girls who just needed a helping hand ;). Glen and I were only trying to help those poor girls out as they had thousands of cans to dispose of before they could go home for the day.

Please note that we were actually doing work and not standing in the position of several others admiring the view! Caught out boys!!!!:eek:

The convoy home to the Sunshine Coast was cruisy and the obligatory stop at the BP Services for a cool drink topped off a great day. The G'ster crashed and did not even get to see Earl last night so that's a sign of a great day.

Great for Toni and the G to catch up with you all after being away. Can't wait for the Gold Coast Show in a few weeks.

Cheers
    Brett

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great day and turn out only sorry the time there went so quickly
    Lorraine I was waiting to park Igor thus why he's on the street.

10. heartland

heartland New Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Not sure who the lady is in the bucket hat next to Toni J but gee that kid must of made her mad, shes giving him the two finger salute.:p

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Jane, that's Kim/Spinner and that's her daughter Isabel - I think she was asking her if she wanted 2 sausages, or just the one!! ;)

Kids are already nagging at me when the next one will be, but they're not concerned about the Kombi side of things - more interested in the free softdrinks and how many they can scoff down without Mum or Dad seeing. Needless to say, lots of children bouncing off walls in our house yesterday evening. 'Twas not pretty. :D

Great photos Steve!

And Doug, hate to say "I told you so" but "I told you so". Ha ha. Thanks for the rope too - would have been hard to rescue the scooter out of the river any other way. :)

12. heartland

heartland New Member

13. back street bessie

the one that nilly got away...

Almost missed this little beauty when i was downloading my photos last night.
    Its for sale too,so if it sells from here you(the owner?) can thank me later ;)
    Aaaahhh i see,did anybody get the mobile number on the back window ??:eek:

[​IMG]

14. chopper

chopper New Member

Thanks must go to Kyra for organizing a top spot; nice to get a riverbreeze on such a warm day. Thanks to all for the great pics! With summer on it's way there are plenty of events coming up in the sunshine state and I'm looking forward to catching up with one and all again at the Gold Coast VW show.

chopper

15. Lewiebus70

Lewiebus70 New Member

Thanks for a great day kyra,nice to see you all, sorry Debbie and I did'nt stay long, but had a great time.
    Dave:)

16. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Aaaahhh i see,did anybody get the mobile number on the back window ??:eek:

pretty sure its 0412 542 571

17. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

oh and i think we all nearly missed this one, he slipped away early.[​IMG]
    and some more angles.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Trixii.2

Trixii.2 New Member

:mad: Damn seemes like I missed a good day... Have to organise myself for next year :)
    Hope to have Trix ready for next time.
    :cool:

19. sam and kirk

sam and kirk Member

Great day, thanks Kyra

Yeah just what I needed, a $60 parking ticket (my fault anyway) spoiled a great day out. Not to mention the nightmares I had that night, thinking that one of my boys had rolled into the river!! No it was all good, thinking I am going to have to stop bringing my boys along to the meetings, as I feel as though I never get a chance to sit down and talk to everyone! Wouldnt be so bad if Kirk didnt work Sundays, and he could swap child watching duties with me. Was wondering if maybe we could have a meet on the odd Saturday here or there so I could bring Kirk along?? Anyhow was great to see so many kombi loving people all in the one place, look forward to seeing you all again soon!

20. back street bessie

Thanks again Kyra...your a legend baby.It was all too convenient for me to get there.So thankyou for choosing my backyard as the venue.:)

I still chose to drive Bessie down to the end of my street so she could hang out with the assortment of VW's parked there.

It was great day,catching up with old and new members and helping Col fix Spinners door,watching Roy and Reece fit eyelids to Lola and getting an eyefull of those Pepsi-Max chicks in their Pepsi-Max ute.

It was all good,looking forward to the next one.:)