1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi inspection - Wollongong

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by Miss Leah, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Hi everyone,

I am interested in a kombi in Thirroul, Wollongong. I am having an inspection late Sunday afternoon and was wondering if any local KC members would be willing to give me half an hour of their time to help me check out the kombi. After making expensive mistakes in the past of buying very dodgy kombis, I would appreciate someone who knows what to look for in a mechanically & structurally sound (haha) kombi.

Let me know if anyone can help me out :)

Thanks, Leah.

2. daydreamer

daydreamer Member

If its blue and white one in thirroul, take a magnet, it was riddled with rust prior to the fresh new paint. ask for resto photos to make sure its been done properly not just bog and paint.

3. Subaru07

Subaru07 Member

I can do late Saturday arvo.. Or i can inspect for you...And yes I do agree with bad mistakes in the past.

Which kombi is it?

4. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?46010-1971-9-Seater-Kombi-For-Sale

Bit freaked out after daydreamer's comment about it being riddled with rust. Spoke with Wayne Penrose (mechanic) and he seemed to think the bus was in pretty good order and not much rust. Not willing to pay that price tag for a kombi not being properly restored and just covered over with a lick of paint. But maybe he did the right thing
    and fixed it up... who knows?!

Thanks for the saturday offer but I can only do Sunday arvo (only time off work) and then leaving on a poorly timed holiday on monday!

Has anyone else seen this kombi in person?

5. Subaru07

Subaru07 Member

Oh well good luck with inspection but I can look at it for you.. But up to you..

6. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Sent you a PM, thanks :)

7. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

if wayne penrose was the one who fixed it up, it should be done well. they have a good setup and skill set at wpvw.

8. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Wayne has done the mechanical work but he did not do the spray job. He mentioned the paint was very flakey before spray job but he didn't think it was due to rust.

9. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

how did you go? did you inspect the bus?

10. 86Caravelle

86Caravelle New Member

Hey, I'm new to this forum, topic and Kombi (OK T3!!!) ownership but I live in Thirroul and happy to help if you still need someone to view the van?!

Cheers,

Al

11. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Hi Brad & Al,

Another KC member Marty went and checked it out for me, it was sold to someone else on the same day I was meant to view it.

Thanks for offering though, it is really appreciated.