1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi T2 Darwin Mechanic

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by RemiM, Aug 4, 2020.

1. RemiM

RemiM New Member

Hi guys!
    I hope everything is well.
    My wife and myself have been travelling in our VW T2 for the last 2 months. We started in Brisbane and will soon reach Darwin.
    We are looking for a mechanic in Darwin to fix a few things - mainly checking the engine and other little bits and pieces.
    I checked the last post about MBN Automotive but the phone number on Google does not work.
    Did they move without updating the details?
    If they closed down, does anyone know a good place?
    Thanks in advance!
    Remi

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Send a PM/Start a Conversation with Jeco - he's a new member in Darwin and may be able to offer some information on a VW mechanic :rolleyes:;)

cbus, RemiM and oldman like this.
  3. RemiM

RemiM New Member

Thanks a lot!
    I will contact him

4. RemiM

RemiM New Member

Here on update on our situation.
    MBN Automotive is closed. I am not sure it will re-open soon as the guy broke both his legs... something happened with a car 6 months ago.
    I wanted to contact him to see if he had any recommendation but I could find anyone with his number - even surrounding shops/sheds.
    On our way to a fourth mechanic, we saw a very nice Beetle. We stopped and waited for the owner to finish his work.
    The lady was very nice but unfortunately she used to go to NBM Automotive =(
    However she told us she recently went to Phill Kerr Service Centre for a small fix on her car. So we tried our luck there.
    We just got back our Kombi and so far it is still driving smoothly. They have a new mechanic from WA with a lot of experience and we think he did a good job.
    We only did a basic service and we asked him to check a few specific things but we are happy with what was done.
    Hopefully this will help someone else living in Darwin or just visiting.
    Cheers

Barry, David H, cbus and 1 other person like this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

6. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

I want to get in contact with Myram from MBN. You guys have a contact.?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021