1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi tows Holden Commodore

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by Jackpot, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Jackpot

Jackpot Member

Here's a good laugh :) Ever since I jumped an overnight train to Melbourne back in July to check out & then in a great leap of faith purchase the one owner Greek builder's 78 Bay window workhorse I suffered the usual new owner kombi phobia...music off & windows up so I could better hear that sudden grind, whine or rattle heralding impending doom before the long wait for arrival of tow truck...:-(
    After driving the bus back from Melbourne to Sydney without missing a beat the music went from off to low level, the cabin windows from up to 2" down but ears still on grind, whine or rattle duty...
    So it is with GREAT pleasure, with music now ramped up & air conditioning fully open, that I can announce I successfully towed a Commodore this afternoon into my South Coast home of Currarong, a tiny village on the north side of Jervis Bay. I didn't have a tow rope on board (but obviously I now need to do so :)), but I did have a heavy duty extension lead long enough to double up and bring the crippled car home. So proud of my kombi and as if it knew its time was at hand, earlier in the day we found ourselves on two different stretchers of dirt road and on taking off we had spinning back wheels on both occasions...why is it that people bother with anything else than air cooled VWs?
    JP

ruby6689, jobell, Debstar and 4 others like this.
  2. Javaman

Javaman Member

Extension lead. Love it. I've said it before and I'll say it again...you're an ideas man!!

Jackpot likes this.
  3. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

Hows everything out at currarong? I tried to get out for a surf at windy gully during the week but the fire brigade had the road closed off. Just said there was a fire.

4. Javaman

Javaman Member

Jackpot was Johnny on the spot during the fire threat. Tell him about it, Des. (Spoiler alert, a change of wind has left Currarong unscathed)

5. Jackpot

Jackpot Member

Not good yesterday afternoon and through the night Brad. As Javaman mentions a lucky change in wind direction arrived in the nick of time. I came in late Wednesday night so not sure about the road closure your side of Windy?? The road was all clear today but the range will be closed for a while so no access to Target

6. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

Nice to hear all is good. Might shoot up to hammerheads or kinghorn for a paddle in the morn.

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

There's a photo floating around somewhere of my kombi lending assistance to a broken down comodore as well I took great pleasure in taking the photo ;)

Jackpot and ruby6689 like this.