1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Toys

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by Alpal, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Send it to me al...an i will fix it..:cool:

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Can always findsome space.
    The red split model is AWSOME!! But blue bus is cuddly!

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

There is also another 1:12 scale Splitty in blue coming out in the new year. Burnouts in Kiama (www.burnouts.biz) usually keep a range of Kombis, but they do sell out quickly.
    Don & The Terrordales
    OSI The Kamper

4. jamiec

jamiec Active Member

I found a new colour matchbox bay camper at target today i have had the orange one for a bit and was looking for another one and got the green as thats all the had so another colour to add to the colection:D Notice the different wheels.Anyone else seen the green ones yet and have they replaced the orange ones?
    [​IMG]

5. kombijon

kombijon Member

i was a little bored so i decided to "rod" a few extras in my collection, the kombi was quite easy to do! the others not quite so, i'll be doing some other modified vw's when i'm bored or its raining!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jamiec

jamiec Active Member

Nice work there kombijon i am thinking about making one of my matchbox kombis match my real kombi:) Did the same for one of my minis years ago painted it in the same paint i did the real mini in etc.:p

7. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

I work at target (I now shame :cry: ) and ive only seen the green ones, and I make it my duty to check every box for them :lol:

8. kombijon

kombijon Member

^^^^^ the green ones have well and truely replaced the orange ones now, the "traditional" looking wheels (green kombi) have also replaced the 3 spoke custom wheels, bugs, 181's, KG'c and kombi's all run the hub capped wheel.

RADAR, i hope you keep an eye open for other vw's as well, check out the hot wheels range, there are a few sneeking in there!

9. Alpal

None here in Melbourne at the stores I visit.
    Like the V8 thing! Looks dangerous.

10. Terrordales

i work in a model car shop & where do I buy most of my Kombi models, Woolies, Big W & Boutique Target.:lol:
    However a customer came back from the UK the other day & brought me a lovely little Splittie key ring. I'll post a photo as soon as I can find the battery charger for the camera. I know it's around here somewhere.:eek:

11. philthy

philthy Member

ha. has anyone seen any t3 toys around ;)

12. Terrordales

Minichamps have done several in the past, but they're now sold out.:(
    There are in the pipeline & should be through in the new year sometime.:)
    Drop me a PM with your email addy & I'll let you know when they're announced.

13. groover

groover New Member

Heres a few of mine, have more in the garage, also have a van collection from being a vanner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. groover

groover New Member

15. Alpal

Just back from a Kruise after the Pyranees gathering and collected these on our trip.
    [​IMG]
    The resin beetle and the Matchbox No 34 split were rescues from Warrnambool Mill Bric a brac. The split keyring from the great ocean Rd somewhere.

16. 74westy

74westy New Member

I just bought the pea green lowlight the other day. I noticed in the shop that it had a blow out, (Wheel and axle had come up and over the bracket and broken the bumper)
    It was my duty to take it home and repair it and give it a good home :) I told Aaron I fixed my own Kombi....... he was disappointed to realise it was only my toy kombi :p

17. Alpal

Pic please!

18. Timma

Timma Member

Hey glow-monkey, what's going on with that skull overlooking your water feature! Does he breath fire, or squirt water out of his eyeballs or something? That'd be cool.... ;)

19. 74westy

74westy New Member

Alpal, it was the same Matchbox pea soup green lowlight that is above with the other orange kombi, expect mine was mangeled inside the box, so I saved the old girl :p
    I should have taken photos of it dismanteled though, it was quite enjoyable.

20. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Any T3 toys around.

I can remember that Matchbox had some about 15 years ago [ our son Toby had them ]. One was a white ambulance and the other a green and white Police car. I have searched through the box of his old cars but can't find them. Worth keeping a lookout in Op shops etc because they do exist. Rod.:)