1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi twinsies

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by Wayne murray, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

At the recent Bus stop 2019(Mallocoota) which is a memorable experience there was a special highlight for me. As some know I have a soft spot for 72 kombis ,one I noticed a bit more due to it's colour which is the same as my current 72 double cab build (Avocado green). So I went over to speak to the owner,who is also a KC member @Basil3 and the bus is called Basil. As we where talking about our buses I notice a few late 72 features (dash bolts) . Asked the owner to check out the compliance plate,as the drivers door was locked. On the compliance date is the same as mine 10/72.Looked a little further at the chassis numbers and to my amazement they are only 38 numbers apart. These two cars are 38 from each other in the production line. They are both microbuses, with 9 seats and a walk through and both had originally red interior.
    So we both called these cars twinsies. I would imagine hard pressed to find two cars so close to each other in the production line. We both decided to take some photos of our cars side by side. 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

2. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Re-united at last! :)

Debstar and Wayne murray like this.