1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kombi's not that rare anymore?

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by generation fade, Jul 12, 2008.

1. generation fade

generation fade New Member

man, i swear to god in the past 48 hours i have seen more kombi's than i have ever witnessed. starting off yesterday, went for a skate with my mates, saw a great blue bay so we parked next to it and got a photo, the guy was with the kc as well! but unfortunately his girlfriend (i think) told me he was selling it. then later on that day spotted a green bay and gave it a wave, then later on driving to my girlfriends house spotted another blue bay parked near her street. wakeup, this morning havnt even got out onto gympie road yet and find myself behind and next to a light orange camper and spent a majority of the trip back behind it, then also spotted a green bay driving past and gave it a wave. as we were driving past rothwell i saw another blue bay driving past and then as we were out for lunch at redcliffe a pink camper drove past. i thought that would have been it for the day, but driving her to sandgate station and i managed to squeeze in one last white bay parked on the side of the road. please tell me people on here own some of these cars! it really made my day.

here is a picture of the first bay we spotted and my mate dan
    [​IMG]

2. greenbay

greenbay New Member

When i was in my tweens they were everywhere,i reckon i had twenty mates who drove Kombis(about 25 years ago).Now there are only 2 still driving them.How sad:cry:

3. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Went to maroochydore and back today to get my fix of seaweed sushi and saw nary a one..well bay or split...did see a couple transporters but they did not wave. rarely do either.

4. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

i went to coolum today
    parked next to an orange bay
    saw a water cooled pop top in the car park too and a caravelle
    walked to first bay with the kids and saw a white camper
    saw a pink beetle there too
    went to randals and saw his black number and his parts bus { and parts were obtained}
    col johnno turned up
    saw a great orange camper on the way home
    my kids alway play "kombi i saw it first and the little B&*&%*stards always win

5. billyjack

billyjack Member

I always see kombis when I am not in one :mad: and I have to try and hold back my wave. I forget sometimes and just go for it, so if you see a crazy woman waving like mad at you and she's not in a kombi - that'll be me! :p

6. komuter

komuter Guest

the green low light bay is the same as on the bridge

7. Archeress

Archeress Guest

yes well you guys are always going to see bays whereever you go coz you just about got a club happening lol..hard not to see them.

8. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

yes 3 kombis spotters in the back helps !!!!!

9. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Went surfing with Randal (kombiboys) yesterday and on the way followed a very nice maroon camper named rusty , than at the carpark at Anne st a blue low light. After surf went to supercheep and bumped into Toni and vera the rat bettle. Went to Brewmasters house and more vws. Poped into Randals with Col and Toni to pick up some ramps and Glen (gsa2at )was there , Man they are everywhere its an invasion of th vw kind SWEET

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  10. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Ben, I think the blue one that you snapped is Little Joe. I think. It looks awefully similar to him if it isn't.

11. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

went outside this morning and saw 3 kombis in the front yard

12. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Nice one Glen:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. generation fade

haha, everyones spotting em, yeah im pretty sure its little joe's. i heard his name on his a while ago, except he isnt exactly little..

14. LittleJoe74

LittleJoe74 New Member

It is little joe! Good spotting! You guys shoulda stayed for a cuppa, but ahwell. Maybe next time.

15. HIP13

HIP13 Member

genfade....where in redcliffe are you..not on or near ashmole road are you....man i dont even know the name of the road im thinking of (not ashmole)....and its the one off my street..

16. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Dude same here
    I was Skating around my town of somerset and I saw 7 kombis
    Was like wow

17. generation fade

sorry little joe, we were on a dangerous skate mission, next time i will come and have a cuppa, i promise!
    oh man, are you thinking of griffith road? i used to skate in your street and it came onto griffith road, and im just up the road across from morgan park

18. HIP13

HIP13 Member

yeah grifith road is the one i was thinking of. drive past your bay on my way to work now

19. generation fade

nice nice, yours all finished now or you still got some small things to come?

20. HIP13

HIP13 Member

interior is going in and just details now...still a pocket full of money away