1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Komvoy to Old Bar Friday 28th Sept

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Debstar, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

So the T3 count so far is 3 Caravelle's of various types & 1 DOKA that adds up to 18 cylinders

David H likes this.
  2. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

My so called flash suby might hold you up while I look for more fuel. :eek:

David H, Wayne murray and melissa like this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Nice you've gone to the effort to make this event & hope all goes well 'to & from' & fuel consumption better than average:p. Lot's of miles & I hope to get to catch up:D.
    Better go behind Grantus so he can't blame you for any paint chips :p:oops:.
    Cheers

Debstar likes this.
  4. Whitie

Whitie Active Member

We'll do our best meet you Deb, leaving around 10 ish from Warriewood, this should give us a bit extra time just in case we hit traffic.

Zip and Debstar like this.
  5. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I'm not silly, going to slipstream Grant that way I save fuel and the kanga banga uses more then we'll both need fuel at the same time. :D

Debstar, David H and Grantus like this.
  6. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Well folks, looks like I'll be driving BillHily up on my own with you bunch of reprobates :rolleyes: Phil has been in hospital since Thursday :( had to cancel our interstate trip too:(, hopefully he'll be home tomorrow although no guarantees, but won't be well enough to be camping at Old Bar, but hell I will:cool:!! Granddaughter would never forgive us if she couldn't sleep in "the attica" at Old Bar :D

Quombi likes this.
  7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Give Phil our best wishes Deb! Hope he is on the mend :)

8. David H

Give Phil our best wishes also Deb. Tease him into 'wellness' with what he's missing out on.
    Cheers

9. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Deb give Phil our best wishes as well.

10. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

No good Deb. Hope he is feeling better soon. We hope to be overnighting in Newcastle on Thursday. Do hope to see you on the road somewhere? We are newbies to Old Bar so welcome any tips

Debstar likes this.
  11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Friday head north, and follow or join up with the many Kombis heading the same direction.

Friday night.....chillax with a bunch of like minded nutters....enjoy.

Saturday - check out the markets and classics car display during the day, with other nutters. Afternoon chillax (again), before lining up at the airfield around 3pm, ready for the 4pm Kombi cruise.

Afterwards, time at leisure to chill further. Welcome to head to the club for drinks and dinner, where there’ll be other KC members doing the same.

Sunday, wind your watch back 10 years and 1 hour, to allow for daylight saving time, and head to the oval, to park up with a couple of hundred other Kombis, but no two will be the same..

Then enjoy the day, looking at the myriad of Kombis, and chatting to others..........:)

David H, Quombi and Luckyphil like this.
  12. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

Thanks Grant! Sound good! We are looking forward to another good trip. See you all there.

Debstar likes this.
  13. Luckyphil

I think we dont turn the clocks back this year as it (Daylight Saving) starts the next weekend.

Debstar likes this.
  14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

BONUS +++ :)

Always knocks me around for the trip home, leaving even earlier that the week before at the same time.. :confused:

15. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

I'm on my own this time..........who's going to feed me ? :(

Debstar likes this.
  16. Luckyphil

Plenty of food vendors at the Festival, Cafe's, Club, Food Stores in town. I do my own breakfast then its up to the places i have prev mentioned :)

Debstar likes this.
  17. Zip

Zip Member

sweet ... Thx Deb ... I'm cruising up with Whitie from the sydney northern beaches (or more accurately in his slipstream to really cruise). Save some of those yummie cherry pies for us.
    Zip

18. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Cherry pies !.........................mmmm :)

Debstar likes this.
  19. David H

"If you describe someone as a reprobate, you mean that they behave in a way that is not respectable or morally correct."

Yep ....that's us Kombi folk:cool:. Want to hear a fart joke;):rolleyes::oops::eek: & two more smilies cos it was a funny joke:):D. You'll have to ask what the joke was :oops:;). Nothing to do with cherry pies:p:D or maybe;)??.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  20. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Starting out this morning to Narrandera, part one of the great trek to Old Bar. :D

Mr Beckstar, Grantus and Luckyphil like this.