1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

left hand drive splits

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by Dudo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Dudo

Dudo New Member

hello just wondering what the go is with left hand drive splittys? are they easy to road worthy in aus and if so are they worth the same money as aussie splits. just seen a few for sale.

cheers jono

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

No problem with them being LHD and road worthy as they are over 30 years old. As for value.. thats a hard one... I suppose it would depend on the whole package and if there is anything else wrong with it. If you were offered two identical vans - identical in every way except one is LHD and the other is RHD - you would prefer to buy the RHD wouldn't you? hence making the RHD slightly more valuable than the LHD - and not easy to go through Maccas drive thru unless you have a passenger!!! LOL

3. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Just beware, if you go to look at one make sure it has been regoed in Australia before????
    There has been a few imported from Asia that have had to have a full resto before they could get rego
    Dave

4. Dudo

Dudo New Member

cheers, yes rhd is my preference. would i find one for 30k

5. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Plus your passenger doors are on the wrong side unless you somehow get a double door then the conversion is no problem. There are enough RHD Splits here for sale, just need the right amount of $$$$

6. Dudo

Dudo New Member

good point about the doors, ill find the wright one eventually