1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life In The Low Lane

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by LIFE IN THE LOW LANE, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Next job on the "to do list" is some new front seats. I scored a set of brand spanking new Lancer VRX seats from the current model car. Actually came with the plastic still on them!! The car is being modified to star in a certain stunt show at a well known theme park and I was in the right place at the right time for the measly sum of $30.........

Will post some pics when completed!!

2. Got some goodies from the states for the new engine I am building for my bus. A lil something to make it go faster than water cooled transplants.... 105mm JE Pistons combined with the crank I already hve will give me just over 2.7L of Big Block VW air cooled grunt!! Big thanks to Daimo for the tip off about these and to Jake Raby for his help as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Cor!!
    That's some motor you got there Guv. :D

4. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

I see the kitchen sink comes in handy . A mate would put his parts in the dishwasher , they come out real nice and clean . Not recommended when the wife at home .

5. 66 deluxe

66 deluxe New Member

Brendan you should use 105mm cylinders from EMW at $75 each who cares if you only get 20000 k's out of them, plus they should last longer as their better than other manufacturers 105's, their made by the same company that makes Deutsz cylinders.

6. Carter

Carter Member

prod, prod...

7. Things have been a lil slow on the Kombi frotn of late due to finishing house reno's, selling that one and buying another and moving all in the space of 9 weeks. Getting very close to having new place sorted then more work and parts will start to grace my ever growing cupboard of goodness. Plus loving the aussie $$ atm for a shopping spree!!!!

8. MarkC68

MarkC68 New Member

Thats one superb bus you've got, I love the look of it! Keen to see how you go on with the 2.7 build

9. Updates on work have been a little slow but ive sourced some barrells thanks to Damo. Deutz diesel tractor cylinder barrells machined to suit 105's for the type 4. Once they're sorted rods are next. Looking at custom pauter rods which ain't cheap but will fit my combo and best of all they're strong!!

10. nikferatu

nikferatu Active Member

Hey mate, saw your ride down at Eventide car park on a recent crowded weekend. Pity there were 3 million people there and I don't know what you look like!

11. Haha yeah I was with all the guys from Vanuatu near the playground!!

12. Hoping to fit some new front seats tomorrow to make the drive to Valla a lil more comfortable. The last time I drove the bus to Valla I didnt have a lower back injury which makes long distance driving unbearable!! Give the old girl a grease and oil change and a bit of a tune as well.

13. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Have a good time at Valla

Wish I was going.

14. Finally got new seats ive had for nearly 2 years in today. Got some seats brand new still with the plastic on them from a 2010 VRX Lancer. Bit of mucking around but once we nutted it all out in they went and what a difference to drive. They sit you a little bit higher than stock but they are soo much more comfortable than stock seats that were half collapsed and extremely painful LOL. So much nicer to drive!!

[​IMG]

Got some new rims off C240 Merc sedan with tyres and fitted them up as well. 16x7 with offset of 43 fit real nice!! Just need some lower profile tyres for the front to get guard clearance.

[​IMG]

15. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

looking tuff, will look out for you at Valla..

16. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

Looking forward to seeing this at Valla.

17. ick72

ick72 New Member

maybe this could be a way to go in my bus those seats are kind of well c$%p

18. I'm staying in one of the bungalows. Actually my brother and cousins are inside and I'm
    Sleeping in my bus!! Look for the white patina roof and shiny orange on the bottom lol

19. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

It's you with the shiny orange bottom Brenden, not the bus :lol: See you there

20. Well after much negotiating and haggling I've bought a new heart for my bus. It's a 3.0L type 4 FAT performance engine making just under 250hp at the flywheel. Bit of work to get it in the bus as I will have to get exhaust system and dry sump tank made as well as mount additional oil cooler and new fuel pumps and lines etc etc.

That should make it a bit more fun to drive!!