1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life In The Low Lane

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by LIFE IN THE LOW LANE, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Well after much negotiating and haggling I've bought a new heart for my bus. It's a 3.0L type 4 FAT performance engine making just under 250hp at the flywheel. Bit of work to get it in the bus as I will have to get exhaust system and dry sump tank made as well as mount additional oil cooler and new fuel pumps and lines etc etc.

That should make it a bit more fun to drive!!

2. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

3ltr outta a type4? wow, pictures please

3. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Nice work :)

Out of the States or local ??
    Injected or carbs?

4. From the USA Marcus. Runs 48IDF's. will get some pics up soon.

5. matberry

matberry Member

Welcome to the club Brenndan :)

6. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Sweet ... time for NOS on the ute then :p

7. Need to get some stickers done Matt!! "Big Block VW Club" LOL

8. New engine should be here by Easter!! Then the fun begins!!

9. Did a re install of the stereo in the bus over easter. New head unit that now plays mp3's and can utilise the 1600+ songs on my phone as well. Added some splits to the front and new wiring to the amps and adjusted and tuned it all up. Sounds just the way i like it!! Loud and clear!!

10. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Brendan, it always makes a difference having better sounding tunes for a cruise. :cool:

Were you heading back up the M1 yesterday, early afternoon? (Presuming you'd been down at the Das Resto Open Haus or something) I gave you a wave from my white panel around about Loganholme-ish after we had dropped the Shitbox Rally Kombi to its new home in Manly, and were heading back down to the Goldie. If it wasn't you, then someone else has a van the spitting image of LITLL. ;)

11. Yeah Julian was I!! Tunes up and enjoying the drive home!! Engine has landed in Australia safe and sound so it will be in my hands soon ready to be shoe horned into the back of my bus!! Then the mayhem and fun begins!!!

12. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

we need pics of this monster engine, i hope its as clean as your current one!

13. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Ooooh, tasty! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Plus, that should give you plenty of time to get all the little bugs sorted before Warwick. ;)

14. Maybe Warwick next year!! Got a box to Build as well which won't be cheap :( I've been offered some brembos off a 2010 Sti so investigating whether they will fit or not as well. Still got quite a bit of cash to spend before it will be ready to turn a wheel in anger!! Should have the engine Tuesday if all goes to plan. Will Post some pics then!!

15. OK so here's some pics of the new heart for my bus. Fanhousing will be changed as will exhaust and dry sump set up to get to fit into the back of my bus!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remote oil cooler with thermo fan and built in thermostat
    [​IMG]

48 IDF webers with huge aircleaners!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  16. Scat 86mm Stroker with chev journals and cunningham rods
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kennedy stage 2 flywheel.H/D aftermarket bolts and dowelled as well. nice and light!!
    [​IMG]

Case reinforced at bell housing and 5th head stud added to hold heads on. Bigger heads studs and lots of case clearancing for crank and rods
    [​IMG]

17. Max loves the webcam 86c and straight cut cam gears LOL
    [​IMG]

will post some more pics once I start getting into cleaning everything up to reassemble.

18. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

all I can do is Drool.

19. Picked up a new late model steering wheel and early bay change over tinware today at the goldy show. Now I've finally got a working horn!! Haven't had one for 14 years!! Type 1 into type 4 bay tinware for the fitment of big Bertha.

20. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I think I may have done something else... :rolleyes: