1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifting a T3 higher

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by petersbilt, Oct 6, 2021.

1. petersbilt

petersbilt New Member

Hi all just wondering about making my van higher off the ground for sliding underneath for inspections and for a look , at the moment it can be tricky unless I park two wheels on top off a gutter I don't trust portable stands. So do you install bigger shockers and longer springs any suggestions please? ps my bellyfat is not the problem. regards petersbilt.

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

syncro likes this.
  3. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Why not a couple of decent ramps there are plenty of options available, if used properly they are a much more viable than suspension modifications or parking 2 wheels on the gutter.
    Why not 4 decent adjustable stands used in conjunction with a trade quality 2 tonne or more floor jack? If you are going to be working on your van at some stage you will want to remove a wheel, adjust a bearing, check brakes etc none of which can be done with a suspension lift.

oldman, Grantus, Wayne murray and 2 others like this.
  4. Kafermeister

Kafermeister Member

I know your mistrust of jack stands (T3 also), however I normally keep the trolley jack under as well as the stands which reduces the risk.

grumble and Wiz like this.
  5. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

There are ways to raise T3 couple of inches...search the forum i think it involves Synchro rear springs and maybe Nissan fronts....check it out...do able

6. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Syncro rear springs on a 2wd will be too tall and cause rapid failure of CV’s bless they are upgraded too. For the front I think it is XD Falcon springs which work for lift.

tillis and syncro like this.
  7. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

I lifted my '82 camper to the height of a Synchro using Synchro rear springs and XD Falcon springs as suggested. The only issue I had was the CV joint covers wore out fairly quickly. The joints themselves never gave me any issues. My son still runs the vehicle in the lifted format. The AussieVeeDubbers site suggested that there was a Toyota Landcruiser boot that would fit. I never got round to fitting them and trying them. An old farmer said to me just make them out of leather but again I never got round to it. All told I put about 100,000 km on it after it was lifted before passing it on to my son.

AC-T3, Syncro27, tillis and 4 others like this.