1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linnie's kombi - 1970 lowlight

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Linnie, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 2slow

2slow Member

Great to see it is all coming together. Great looking bus!!

Cheers Bobby

2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Linnie - two words. Absolutely STUNNING!!

That's possibly one of the most beautiful interiors in the world. Enjoy it. You deserve it. :)

3. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Glad to see the resto's back on track Linnie.

That is one the smartest interiors I have ever seen. I can see more business coming for those guys!

Well done. :cool:

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Linnie ..... do the photos mean you are picking up the Bus or have these been taken by the trimmer?
    Looks very nice either way ......you know the quickest way back to wherever you reside is via Gunnedah ....just ask Woz and Alice, Necro, Emby or Lorraine ...or even Mum and Dad

5. Das_Dubber

Das_Dubber Member

Nice one Linnie - looks great! Steve arrived tonight - she'll be in good hands thats for sure!

Al

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Looks fantastic Linnie. So nice to have something different to everyone else.

7. Royce

Royce Active Member

Linnie

that looks awesome. So I take it kids and dogs are not aloud in the car:lol:. Absolutely fantastic.

8. kombibob

kombibob New Member

dam! this looks really nice. top work.

9. jackhickling

jackhickling Member

unreal!
    that interior is sweeeet :)

10. Linnie

Linnie New Member

Dallas and Neville from Daltrim at Ashmore did the trim and their very tidy work speaks volumes, they are patient, generous and kind. I have to finish off a few things on the dash, pick up a glove box and an under dash tray for starters but can survive without them. Not sure what to do about ashtray hole but i'm sure we can sort that out somehow.

The awesome thing about the interior is the carpets are velcroed in and come out easily when I'm carrying plants and sandy beach trips, lets face it, its gunna need to wear well, cause it'll be on the road heaps.

My girl is being picked up today by Steve from Kombi Rescue. She makes the journey on the back of his tray to Annangrove, Sydney (my visit to Gunnedah will have to wait a while, sorry Doc). I am hoping to get her onto the road post haste, although we'll have to see how much work she needs.

I am willing to give away (to a good home) a 10 year old female Blue Heeler and a 1 year old female human being for fear they will soil the interior. Dan reckons my bluey should travel in a cat cage in the back, not likely as she is the size of a wombat.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  11. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Wow that interior is spectacular,amazing work congrats Linnie and good work fellas ;)

12. urbexdweller

urbexdweller Member

that is by far the nicest interior ive seen yet.. very luxurious

13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Words don't do it justice, you deserve to have everything turn out just right after all you have been through, so glad you didn't give up.

14. Linnie

Linnie New Member

all roads lead to Gunnedah, I'll get there one day Doc.

Pix have been taken by trimmer and bus has now been cling-wrapped (don't ask) and is on the back of mechanics truck on its way south, eta friday Sydney.

I'm praying for the rain to stop (we are minus two windows thus the aforementioned cling wrap) and checking the BOM website as I write.

KC folks please wave if you see her and if any bits fall off just PM me!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  15. Linnie

Linnie New Member

thanks Mish, i nearly gave up last winter, but then I wondered what I would drive my children to school in. and I could imagine ours smiles when coasting around town, and I love kombis, and what would we take camping and what would we put the boards on and what would I go up to F3 doing 80kms in to piss off the other 3 lanes of traffic?????

Giving up just didn't cut it. And i hear today there's still quite a bit missing off the old girl (all the original parts that were flogged off by KIP) so we're not out of the woods just yet... i need to buy another '70 lowlight for parts (thanks to KIP the adventure never ends)

She's 40 next year and it will be a HUGE party!

16. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

Awesome. Setting the standard some would say. Great vision.:)

17. Kate

Kate Member

why can't I see the pictures anymore....:(

18. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

photobucket

hey linnie..u broke the link by changing ur pics in photobucket:umm:

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I call these incidentals ........Johnniemoments I'm up to 695 but they are getting less numerous

20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Damn photobucket is down :( as wanted to see what you have achieved but from comments posted it is great.

Glad to see you post back on here and be positive - Kombi Karma will prevail :)