1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in your Kombi

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by froger, Dec 10, 2009.

1. froger

froger Member

Just a little interested who's been living in there Kombi's for extended periods .
    I've had this t3 for a couple of years and have lived in it for a good period of that time in between working commitments all over the place and yes I get a shower in everyday :)
    I'm up to 9 weeks camping out working in Bris this run , not a caravan park either ..
    I'm sure there are plenty of long term Kombl resident storys out there ..

2. vinny

vinny Active Member

no mate i think your the only bum out there,
    sorry

haha kidding man, one day i will live in mine, and travel this great country :)

3. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

Vinny pick me up when ya ready hahahahah

Tanya

Eternity 69 Low light

4. vinny

vinny Active Member

mmm its a date, il be leaving probs next year sometime....
    when i save some petrol money and Martha the new bus is all up to scratch, currently she looks a little worse for wear but we'll fix her up slowly but surely :)

5. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

bit like that here very slowly but defs surely
    I am so livin the life

Tanya

Eternity 69 Low light

6. old bugger

old bugger Member

in 1978 i lived in a split tin top, with the devon style interior for about 10 months, just surfing the east coast. i was a happy hippy for sure.

7. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

thats pretty hard core I have managed about 5 days so far but all in caravan parks. I am not self sufficient yet or I am soft enough to miss luxeries of power and toilet blocks. LOL

where have you been parked then?

8. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Longest we have spent is 15 weeks on a trip into the Kimberleys. Most of it was free camping and not caravan parks. We also were able to get a shower in every day.

9. froger

froger Member

Hey beerboy , camp on the south side of the river when in Bris close to the docks area as where rebuilding the mother of all sheds down there at the moment ..
    Weekends it's Sunny coast or Brunswick Heads visiting the rellos , and yeah still camp in the van ..
    When i'm on breaks from work I camp anywhere between Bris and my home base Nambucca Valley , plenty of good places between them areas with all the bush and surf beaches ...

10. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

I am in an around sydney at the minute which has been interesting. lane cove which is 10 k's out of the cbd was excellent, likewise the caravan park in katomba was great. There are a few free spots I know, and I have bought a genny, and need to sort the 2nd "lesiure" battery really and get back bush LOL

11. old bugger

old bugger Member

stanwell park, (or abouts) the national park, waterfall, oatley, are all good spots with reasonable access to city stuff

12. will_griffiths

will_griffiths New Member

I bought my kombi off a hippy couple who lived in it together for a while, it smelt pretty bad when i got it haha

13. old bugger

old bugger Member

i reckon my old beast would,ve stunk as well :lol:

14. understanding_mercury

understanding_mercury Member

I called my kombi and a caravan park in Canberra home for three months....all i can say is it was very cold!

15. karstan

karstan Member

They are very easy to live in....just takes a few weeks to get into a routine...

16. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Not sure I'll last that long!