1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for quiet spot Northern NSW

Discussion in 'NSW' started by poGo, Dec 20, 2011.

1. poGo

poGo Member

Hi all!

My girlfriend an I are planning a trip for just after Christmas and are wondering if anyone knows of somewhere where we could camp preferably out of the crowd close to a nice water hole just us and the dogs. We're sensible campers and always take what rubbish is harmful to burn out with us. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Cheers Hamish

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Hey mate, certainly not out of the crowds as it is a popular site but Neurum Creek near woodford is good.

3. poGo

poGo Member

Yeah it is a nice spot, not the sort of thing we're after as it's north of Brisbane though. Thanks anyway!

4. Phyerfly

Phyerfly New Member

There is a few nice spots out near The Channon ( think how it is spelt) and Nimbin.. Just check with the rangers first cos you might think you have found the perfect spot and at 3 in the morning have someone knock on your door with a fine and ask you to move. Michin brook falls is nice to... in the same area.

Love-Light-Rainbows

5. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

Tyalgum showgrounds..nice area:)

6. poGo

poGo Member

Thanks for your lovely suggestions. Have been through nimbin area but haven't done much exploring. Might pay to drive down a few beaten tracks this time round.

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on your dog for ticks:D

8. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

If he gets five ticks then he gets a star!

No seriously though. What Michelle said. I think my boy is pepetually drunk from his advantix in preparation for my farmstay over the hols down that way.

9. milly

milly Well-Known Member

Hey PoGo,
    Not sure how far south you want to travel ? we know a quiet little spot named "Cuddle Flat farm", its west if Wingham about 1/2 an hour on the mid North Coast, its privately owned on the river, they allow dogs off lead, the owners even have a couple of tame horses that will wander over & check you out. They supply all bins for recycables etc also a load of fire wood will be delivered to your camp site & about 400m from the camping area's the owners have very clean showers & toilets & they can even supply ice. these sites are un powered though. All in all its a lovely peaceful spot in the hills.

10. terbear

terbear Member

WOOYUNG........... Love it and you can have dogs... and a fire.... and did I mention that I love it... and am going 29th and 30th Dec... :lol:

11. Thomas

Thomas New Member

wherever you end up going, take ALL of your rubbish with you, not just the stuff that is 'harmful to burn'.

12. poGo

poGo Member

Thanks for the reminder Tom. The usual consensus is to whack the burnables in the campfire. Cheers though, hope you had a great Christmas day!

13. poGo

poGo Member

Thanks for the reminder Tom. The usual consensus is to whack the burnables in the campfire. Cheers though, hope you had a great Christmas day!