1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madam Gs roadworthy

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Royce, Jun 3, 2010.

1. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

That is truly frightening to see what was lurking behind what looked like a very solid bus!!!!!

2. vinny

vinny Active Member

yeah Daves right here, even if it was sold as 'not restored' , thats unbeleivable!

3. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

wowzers, thats a lot of bog. Great work to everyone involved I actually saw that front apron part in the back of klaus's? bus at the nationals. well done to all involved so far.

4. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Yep, the lower 6 inches actually.

5. Royce

Royce Active Member

So we are aiming to go from this

[​IMG]

to something that resembles this

[​IMG]

I dont have an endless bucket of money but I am a very patient man :lol:

6. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

not even "Rat" condition:rolleyes: ..good work....will end up show quality:)
    and i think a poll is needed for a new name

7. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Should be name Klaus :D

Cant wait to see it finished Royce, great to see it done properly.

8. big dave

big dave Member

Royce you will no longer be able to cut and paste from DSK as the tread has been deleted. Obviously hit a nerve with the 'click' over there! It would also seem that Klaus has left DSK.
    Please keep us updated tho and best of luck with it, its all worth it in the end.

BD

9. warb

warb Member

'click', i like that.. post not deleted.. moved to check some detail. back again.... yay..

10. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

what a shame, this story is becoming a little all to familiar these days :(

All I can say is keep up the good work. Keep the updates coming and I'm sure your going to have an amazing kombi at the end. Good luck

11. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

Good work Warb.

Yes its sad but at least it wasn't a DSK'er that originally did all the dodgy work!

12. big dave

big dave Member

Glad to hear it's back up. lets hope Klaus returns with more progress then.

13. big dave

big dave Member

must of been an expensive 'tidy up' tho as it basicly needs the same as a project from a paddock!

14. Lesley.starpower.

Lesley.starpower. Member

no no havent left DSK just not posting any of my progress pics on any of my toys until they wake up and put the thread back up .. I will just put pics up here from now on , Have alot to post :) klaus - FrankenCab

15. Lesley.starpower.

Lesley.starpower. Member

looks like yes its back up so I'll just let uncle royce cut n paste .
    Like i said on the other forum i'm no mech or beater just a locksmith , who likes cutting and welding, and been playing with cars for 20yrs ahh long time I'm old (35) and I'm pretty hard on myself for detail and making sure everything is done as good as i can regards to strength and safety. looks errr youve seen my panel.

16. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

shite..35..time to give it away;) ....keep up the good work:D

17. Royce

Royce Active Member

More updates, Klaus has been let loose with the damn screwdriver again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Royce

Royce Active Member

Last one for now

[​IMG]

And JD, I kinda like the idea of a Pole on the name thing. Although Pandora seems to be sort of sticking...Let's see what the future holds.

RB

19. kombibob

kombibob New Member

this is the last im going to say on this as its starting to really get to me.
    Royse has alway said to me personaly that he is happy with the sale.
    After the origanal crap went down i said to him if he no longer wanted the bus i would take it back and also offered him some cash.
    many of the bad repair work i was un aware of as i never had someone strip it to bits like what is happening now.
    yes the straight axle and spindles were done at a brisbane vw work shop(under new management now)
    the add stated that this bus still needed rust work and allthough it has won prizes it was FAR FROM A SHOW CAR and trust me i never voted for it, i also said to do a surch under my name for more info.
    yes it has/had bog on it, some of it i knew about some i didn't some i fixed( at the time to the best of my ability).
    i have driven this bus for the last 6 or so years in the condition it was sold in and in worse all over the country, the only problems being:
    1 flat, 1falty alterntor, 1 faulty compufire ignition and the box popping out of 4th that Royse was made aware of.
    i never worked on this car with a quick sale in mind it was just for my own use at the time.
    The oppertunity was allways there for people to inspect and as for the price i have seen much worse for lots more.
    we purchased el concreto last year for the same price.
    and the add stated that it had no rust and every thing worked.
    but the treasure chest was riddled, inner and outer long sill, cab floor, roof, gates etc all were bad, also the engine crapped its self not long after and the hand brake was never fitted and still rusted in the off position.
    spindles didnt have any grease nipples and were bone dry.
    but i didn't really care or jump up and down about it, as i purchased it sight unseen so wore it on the chin.
    i wish Royse all the best with the car and look forward in seeing its new begining.
    keep up the good work.
    cheers,
    bob

20. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

I knew this bus quite well and was not aware of the extent of rust in her
    but if you know splits they rust from the inside out
    but as for Bob I can vouch for his work,he has rescued me on many occasions
    and helped out quite a few people on this forum
    I feel the finger has been pointed at Bob for 30 years of dodgy repairs on this
    bus and thats unfair ! the bus was sold in good faith, I feel that a bit of a witch hunt
    has been conducted and as a refund was offered I cant understand why ?