1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly Festival 23rd March 2019

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Whitie

Whitie Well-Known Member

We had similar issues with intruders, a tiny sized paint peel was constantly picked at by curious punters & at end of the day it was larger than a golf ball:mad: & when approached they'd just palm you off like it was their god given right & walk away. WTF
    No other event have I seen so much disregard.
    I agree with Mark, it was encouraged with VW's promotional vehicle's for your kids to jump around & it flowed on down the line to the private vehicles.
    We had great day just the same

Wayne murray, David H, oldman and 2 others like this.
  2. Zip

Zip Member

Yes all kids should be told look but don't touch. Treat my car how you want your house to be treated. I think it is only exacerbated by the huge crowds that were there on the day (no excuse Mel).

Now off the high horse .... it was a fabulous day ... sunny, a good vibe and even a few waves for the surfers amongst us.
    More Feedback for VW for next year:

1) Thanks for the free food however don't hand out free coffee/muffin vouchers and expect us to walk 1km to the "pop up beach front tent" past 7 coffee shops (and even past one over the road that is the same outlet!!)
    2) This year we were sent another 1km away for a free takeaway hotdog for lunch!!! (in a different direction). My favourite part last year was all the kombi owners getting together for a lunch and beer at the pub hosted by VW.. so we could all meet and chat. VW needs to realise the power of these events is the people who bring out their buses and they should treat us like the "club" we are.

I had a great day just the same ...

Jethro, John, Wayne murray and 3 others like this.
  3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Very good points - it was a long way. The Steyne was great last year.

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Shame that people have so little respect of other peoples possessions these days. Happens everywhere unfortunately, I was shocked to see so many people open our doors and jump in at a local show up here. I too was feed up and just had to say to one lady who got in the back of Blue Bus and stayed there a good 15 mins before I went up to her and said 'can you tell me where your car is parked, I think I might just go sit in it without asking'. She was in no way embarrassed. They just believe if they are on show then it is their right to be able to get in and touch whatever they like!

TeeBee, Ninga, kombi69 and 3 others like this.
  5. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

all of the above are reasons why I won't show Blitz (apart from once at the next nationals)
    People just don't understand the blood sweat and tears that goes into reviving an old kombi and don't care if they damage it while pouring over it
    I'm the sort of person who would have decked the old man whos kid damaged Melissa's bus if it were mine considering his don't care attitude.
    I see it as another reason to stay away from crowds.

David H and Wayne murray like this.
  6. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Hope kombi karma comes when the kid wants to have one ,then his dad might then and only then realise how expensive they are to get parts for to fix is clueless son stuff ups. I do find car shows are normally better as the people walking around are generally show car owners so they appreciate others cars and the work that's gone into them .It is events that there are more general public are in attendance that don't have a clue or respect of others property. I watch it like a hawk ready to swoop on any invading pest.:mad:

David H, John, Elsie 76 and 1 other person like this.
  7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the pics Wayne :D ..... the Trakka in your second set looks sweet ;)

Jethro likes this.
  8. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Not sure what the go was with the green Trakka, i think it was a demonstration vehicle owned by Trakka as it has a brand new fitout in it, very sweet, but had no number plates at sll and was being driven down the streets through Manly at the end?? Nice bus though.

9. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Cath and I had an awesome day on Sat, was parked (for free on the beach in manly) in between Whitie and Zip, shared cuppas with Wayne and Geoff, talked surfboards with Mark, caught up with Melissa and many others. The whole car display in a public domain certainly brings out the best and worst of the public and while I also experienced several overly entitled viewers we also had many conversations with people who unexpectedly stumbled across lovely memories of family holidays gone by who feel compelled to tell you all about them with such passion.
    My vibe -meter must need re-calibrating as I was only picking good ones on the day so was very sorry to hear about members unfortunate dealings with the public. Maybe the organisers could issue "look but don't touch" type signs with the event logo on them that people could put in their window, maybe that would help.
    anyway, heres a few pics

upload_2019-3-25_22-56-37.png

upload_2019-3-25_22-57-48.png

upload_2019-3-25_22-58-54.png

upload_2019-3-25_23-0-6.png

upload_2019-3-25_23-3-27.png

upload_2019-3-25_23-1-30.png

10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

upload_2019-3-25_23-35-30.jpeg
    :rolleyes:

11. David H

David H Well-Known Member

That seems a positive way to deal with the crowds Jethro;).
    Nice to see Cath soaring out the slider at the event:).
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Jethro likes this.
  12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Grantus likes this.
  13. KahunaKombi

Got a few of these from shows where Shannons have been present -

upload_2019-3-26_6-28-37.jpeg

Jethro likes this.
  14. KahunaKombi

Recall Grazza7755 being involved in a resto for Trakka of a similar looking vehicle :rolleyes:

Jethro likes this.
  15. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree 100% Zip.....I commented to one of the traffic controllers that it was a shame that the Steyne wasn’t on board this year.....her response was that they, the Organisers, were responding to feedback from last year.....namely that people wanted takeaway so they could stay with their kombis....! I much preferred the Steyne...for food and it was also very close to the park up......she also said that they would change back if that was what the majority wanted......
    Just have to find the best way to get back to the organisers with this....
    Cheers,
    Mark

Jethro likes this.
  16. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Exactly, A simple thing to make it a more enjoyable day for everyone

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

18. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice......some great shots in there !!
    Cheers,
    Mark

19. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

A particularly nice spare wheel cover!!
    upload_2019-3-26_11-14-42.png

Ninga, oldman and melissa like this.
  20. KahunaKombi

Oldman's "Morning of the Earth" wheel cover ;) ....... a Dave Scanlon (aka necro) special :cool::eek:

Jethro and oldman like this.