1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne Area KC Get Together

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by cammokombi, Dec 12, 2006.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Lets start some dialogue about getting to meet each other and planning some activities for us Melbournians. Where is everyone located? I am in the Bayswater area.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Marty

Marty Active Member

i'm in the inner west, and am free any days, given a few weeks notice

and always up for a meet :)

3. Saggas

Saggas New Member

ill be in melbourne the 24th-25th-26th of december then up to mildura till the 76th, then back in melb all day on the 7th. january
    if anyone feels like a coffee with me at the airport or something :)

4. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

As per my location, I am in Northcote. Work monday-friday nine to five, weekends are usually good, given a few weeks notice so me or my partner doesn't overbook. Certainly up for a cruise, or maybe even a Saturday camp somewhere not too far away, maybe down the peninsula as that is where Sheriff. At the wrecker's gathering there was talk of a cruise down that way, barbie dinner and then catch a movie at the Dromana (sorry the spelling!) drive in, and then option of staying at the caravan park overnight. That to me sounds like a perfect way to spend a saturday afternoon/evening/night!!!

Based on the fact that it is almost mid-December, lets rule this month out. I randomly look at the calendar and pick January 20th (saturday). Its the weekend before the Australia Day long weekend, so to go camping would probably be feasible in terms of availability. If not enough excitment on the camping, then at least a meet and greet somewhere, with a cruise.....

5. Necro

Necro Active Member

No, no, no, lets not rule out December...

I know it is late notice, but I am having one of those oh god not another birthday days on Saturday and wanted to have a card night...

I was going to ask Hemp, Tel, Wild1, Sheriff, Paul, Alpal and Cammo if he leaves his toilet at home and doesn't poo in mine....hahahha!

And anyone else interested in drinkin', gamblin' and cussin'....

That means swearing in old man's speak, I am not from New Zealand so there will be no kissing...:)

6. Marty

Marty Active Member

hey, let's do something on the 7th Jan so we can abduct Saggas for a day?

7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Flat chat till after chrissy catching up with house building after our 3 weeks in Tassie and intensive time spent on Kombi to get it ready. Home for Xmas season so maybe early in the new year?? Still need to do a few things to the Kombi but its mobile and running. We reside in the Bend of Islands.

8. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Re January

Sometime in January I will head off for a bit of sun sand and surf fishing.(short duration trips) But let me know any dates for a meet and greet, campout etc or a cruise and picnic and I will make sure Im around for it as I wont be too far away. Weekends/weekdays all the same to me. PM me for my Satellite Phone number and you can SMS me anytime no matter where I am.

9. Saggas

Saggas New Member

yes abduct me and show me some aircooled fun all day :)

10. kombicrazy

kombicrazy Member

kombi couple always up for a cruise

hey there you crazy cats...Were always up for a cruise on sat and even camp out...Be great to met up with fellow Kombi Club members....lets show them QLD members that we do actually exist!!....Anyone interested in traveling australia, were off in end April, 3 months, maybe more!!!!

Dont dream about it, just do it!

11. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Fellow Traveller

Hi there,
    We do lots of trips through the year. Next year we will do some small duration trips till after the Canberra Kombi Club meet. Then We are away for 6 months. I sometimes do solo trips ie fishing etc. up to a few weeks at a time depending on how far I go. We hope to make travelling a lifestyle thing and become full time grey nomads. When we are recovering in Melbourne we will try and meet up with fellow club members.

12. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Nimbin Festival

***** Dont forget the legendary Kombi Convoy at the Nimbin Festival.******
    • Nimbin Festival –Kombi Convoy 5th + 6th May 07

Mark that one in next years diary and see you there.

13. Tel

Tel New Member

I will be up for something over new year Dave, looking for a party as my mob are demobbing.
    Yer and I am in limbo ( northcote,fairfield, clifton hill)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  14. BogBeast

BogBeast Member

In melbourne

We'll be in melbourne for 3 or so months from the start of January. As per previous posts very keen to meet up with some locals to show us around.
    Looking to grab some work in Melbourne as well. Hint hint nudge nudge :)

We'll most likely be heading west from there, march\april, to continue our travells around Oz and to introduce other heathens to the wonderful craziness of VeeDubbers. So Kombicazy the offer is there, whether it be company or just corrospondence.

15. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

jobs up for grabs

I heard of this on the grapevine ....

P.Pullar & Co (Cobram) is a 500 acre fruit orchard located 3 hours drive north of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia on the Murray River. We are are growers of some of the best peaches, pears , apples, plums and cherries in Australia and our fruit is exported world wide. Pickers are required from late January until April. Accommodation is available. Please contact us ONLY between NOVEMBER to MARCH at picking@ppullar.com

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but I thought I would pass it on just in case you want to get in early.

16. BogBeast

BogBeast Member

Cheers

Thanx for the info. We might check it out. Thats the kind of work we normally do, but we are looking for more permanent jobs in Melbourne. Things like secretary\ construction\ professional bum (hang on thats what im doing now) just the cheap and nasty high staff turn over jobs.

I've done a bit of everything, building, hospitality, basic mechanics, computers, digging holes and Steph is a wizz in the office. It was just if anyone happened to hear of something going in Melbourne.

Again thanx for that though.

17. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I don't think I will be ready to take my bus away on a trip until April - this looks like good timing, and I was quite keen on a slow drive up the east coast... (My girlfriend is also keen on going to the Canberra meet).

Maybe I need to book a park there soon...

I'm in Heidelberg at the moment (I got priced out of Northcote), but could attend any meet within a few hours of here - I particularly like the idea of camping. (It would also give me plenty of time to suss out everyone else's bus, and pinch their secrets...) Maybe the next trip.....

...W

18. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

check the threads

keep checking the other threads/forums as it looks like the Melbourne to Canberra convoy is a definate starter. PM me for details etc. Also there might be a camping trip up to the murray river in January (date not decided yet) Let me know if anyone is interested.

19. Necro

Necro Active Member

I am probably going to confest if anyone is interested...

20. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

confest

Its $70 a ticket for confest so its a bit rich for me at that time of year. I'll miss the easter one too as I'll be going to The Geoffrey in Canberra. I hear they have a new property on the Edwards River too.