1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne Weber Dyno Tune

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by Skankles, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Skankles

Skankles New Member

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic around Melbourne please?The bus needs a good tune up and I would like to take it to someone who knows their way around a type 4 engine with 44mm IDFs and electronic ignition. Cheers

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Skankles

Skankles New Member

Thanks very much for your help. I’ll check out their website and give them a call tomorrow.

4. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

micklyan likes this.
  5. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

How did you go with the carb tuning?

If you haven't had it done yet, I would skip the above and go straight to Nigel @ The Carby Shop, Wantirna South.
    He has helped me out many times with the stock Solex carbs including rebuilding them. He's a super nice guy, kind of old school and I'm willing to bet that there are few people left in Australia that knows carbies like he does. His shop is clean like a laboratory and just off eastlink.
    There have been at least two times where I called him intending to take the bus into him to look at and he ran through the problem with me over the phone and I was able to fix it.
    Trust me, you'll go to see the others and then wish you went to see Nigel!

6. Skankles

Skankles New Member

Thanks Chidori, but I’m booked in for this Wednesday, after speaking to them they seem to know what they are talking about so I’ll stick with them for now. I will keep Nigel in mind if there are any issues. Cheers

7. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Interested to see how you go. Have a friend who wants a tune done of the webers on her 2 litre. Fairly sure they are set properly but might need a bit of a look at and then balanced up again. I am happy to do standard solexes but not so keen to touch webers. Melbourne would work for her.

Adrian

8. Skankles

Skankles New Member

G'day Adrian,

I just had the tune done and the results were great. The timing was too far advanced and the idle screws needed adjusting. They also did the usual stuff like checking the valve gaps and compression. I thought it ran well before... a lot better now. This is the first time I have had the car dyno-tuned and I am very happy with the results.

Col.

oldman, cbus, micklyan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it on.

Adrian

10. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

Glad that you managed to have a good experience with them. ;)

oldman and micklyan like this.