1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 72 DC jigsaw puzzle

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Wayne murray, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I really enjoy both :Dand I wouldn't say one over the other. I don't own a modern day car,so it is a daily thing is to drive an older Volkswagen and a few to choose from. I haven't sold a car that I have brought or destroyed one either:eek:.
    I keep away from a finish date, heard to many horror stories of projects that people have tried to finish on a deadline and the result have also never been up to scratch and they always regret not doing something on the build. The deadline most of the time has blown out as some things are well and truly out of your hands to control. If at any time the build gets frustrating or you need a brake I can leave it alone and go for a drive like the weekend up to Newcastle , week before Wollongong to Kiama. As I've got other Volkswagen to enjoy and drive I don't need to set deadlines to enjoy my current Volkswagen build.

Mmm .You may have to take a ticket ;):):D:cool:

OSF, David H, Grantus and 1 other person like this.
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Perfect way to do it.... ;)

Wayne murray likes this.
  3. Wayne murray

Took the door card off and trimmed the panel to make the plastic lock trimming to fit. Know I have put it all back together with everything fitting. 673.jpg 674.jpg

Syncro27, ChrisG, Jethro and 2 others like this.
  4. Wayne murray

Put some dyanmat on the right hand side in the rear section and put on the interior panel for that side.It wasn't the easiest panel to put on I had to remove the pedestal to give more room and have a torch so I could see if the clips lined up.
    What I've seen with the TMI panels are they are a nice tight fit to where they are meant to go :)but they all seem to need modifications:(to the panels to make them fit. The middle holes in the right side panels were at least 25mm out of place and the cut outs in the rear door all where too small. The amount of modifications needed I should of just made them my self except I was trying to safe my self the hassle,that didn't work:(

675.jpg 676.jpg

Syncro27 and David H like this.
  5. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Looking good Wayne!
    Can you also show pics of the Dynamat in front cabin?

6. Wayne murray

I haven't got the best photos of the front section and I was planning to put some more on the outsides of the headlight buckets. A photo of the drivers door,is this what you wanted.@poptop 666.jpg 364.jpg 366.jpg 371.jpg

Syncro27 likes this.
  7. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

Hi Wayne
    Thanks - any going under dash area?
    I’ve found that MadMatz front underfloor mat has made a big difference.
    I haven’t decided brand of deadening material as yet.
    Winter project.
    Cheers
    Mark

8. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Looking good Wayne. The green and tan colour scheme is coming together nicely.

Wayne murray likes this.
  9. Wayne murray

You mean under the dash on the floor ? No . reproduction floor mat going up front .
    How thick is the underfloor mat that you got from madmatz?

10. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Hey Wayne
    I got the same one. I reckon it's probably a little bit over a cm thick. It's felt with a rubberised coating on the bottom so it doesn't slide. See page 24 of my restoration thread for a pic.
    Fits well.

Wayne murray likes this.
  11. Wayne murray

found it page 25:rolleyes::oops: It looks pretty good Mmmm

12. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Great progress Wayne.

I found it heaps easier to have the dash-top off when wiring up all the dash switches - heaps better access.

Wayne murray likes this.
  13. Wayne murray

I already had my dash assembled and when I pulled it out as a complete unit before I sent the car away to get painted, I left it as complete when reinstalling, it probably would be easier to do the switches trying to find coloured wires in shaded light isn't easy through a single gap in the dash.

14. Syncro27

Ahhh the joys of wiring - the reason for me keeping the upper dash top off:

[​IMG]

David H, Wayne murray and Grantus like this.
  15. Wayne murray

421.jpg
    :eek:Looks like 69 has more wires then a 72, Oh the joy in sorting out mess of wires.:eek:

David H likes this.
  16. Syncro27

Should be less but I have added a few extra circuits for the washer squirter pump and the ciggy lighter and the stereo, etc, etc

Grantus likes this.
  17. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Oh my:eek:. I'm going to the pub:p. Too many wires for my head:(. I'm lucky the p/b marked all mine whilst doing the front clip:).
    Cheers

Syncro27 likes this.
  18. Wayne murray

That's the easy way out:rolleyes::D but best way:)

David H likes this.
  19. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Wayne, you're giving me nightmares with the wiring :eek: ..... working out the Type 3 to isolate the dash indicator lights so that they only worked independently on the direction you wanted instead of both @ the same time caused grief but got there ;)

20. Wayne murray

Sorting the wires didn't worry me at all,I'm more worried about connecting battery and hoping that every thing works as it should knowing the amount of burned wires there where.