1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearly there.

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Barnes Bay Hippy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Barnes Bay Hippy

Barnes Bay Hippy New Member

:lol: Look at me now.jpg Pretty thing.jpg Two buses.jpg 20121122_174700.jpg

Heres the rusty wreck, bought from a faux hippy scammer in Melbourne nearly 12 months ago, after the application of money and love.
    Motors mostly new 1800, body is mostly rust free now; the interior will be soon lined out with carpet, then maybe upholstery, and thats all. Not much furniture, just a 12V icebox and TV, and 3/4 RnR bed.
    This un-named bus, formerly called after the most well known Rasta-man, almost was sold for scrap. Here she is now. Flipper Blue and White. Correct 74 colours. Love and mung beans man.
    The other van is a rarity. 73 double door delivery. Very original, and hasnt been molested, unlike her previously ugly cousin.
    Im not sure yet what will happen with this one. The camper though, will be travelling Tas this summer, hope to see you all out there! Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Damn Peter, you have been busy. You went quiet for a while there and I though work had got in the way. Seem I was right, but not in the way I thought. Looks fantastic. I will have to come down and have a drool.

Adrian

3. Barnes Bay Hippy

Always a coldie in the box for you Adrian. You will like the DDer too. Taking a load to the tip right now in her. The camper has been to the lakes, in her earlier guise, but this incarnation will be putt-ing down to Edgar Dam in a few weeks. Trout maybe?
    Work has been getting in the way of leasure (as it does for most of us), but Im thinking of addressing that unbalanced condition soon! Cheers.

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good to see both of you 'survived' initial dissapointment. Looks like plenty of payback time in the country.:)
    Sounds good
    Nothing like a bit of peace n quiet in a shady campsite,local produce and fresh trout just out of cold streams

cheers
    col

5. teeveezed

teeveezed Member

Beautiful work! :)

6. Mordred

I passed you at the bp in lindisfarne at lunchtime yesterday, but was on my way to an appointment so didnt have time to stop. I am just stunned by how well it has come up. I will try to find some time to come and have a coldie with you soon.

Adrian

7. Barnes Bay Hippy

Loaded her up with the child brides car boot sale stuff, and set up along with all the other cars and trailers in Lindisfarne this morning. She got sick of fending off quiries about the Kombi, and I was offered a slab to deliver someones daughter to her leavers diner next week. Amazing what a nice coat of paint will do for ones well being!
    She feels like an automatic compared to the other Van's 1600 single carb (less time on the gear stick), so I can see myself selling that double door van soon.
    Im sniffing out carpet layers this week; I want the shabby interior fixed up now, to complete the picture!

8. Mordred

You need to put some before pics up. I am sure many will be interested in the transformation.

Adrian

9. Barnes Bay Hippy

I would Adrian, but the old blue veiner was an embarressment and an eyesore, whereas the new Baby Blue only wants her happy face shown. She too, is in denial as to her sad legacy, with dishonest and indifferent previous caretakers. When Ive hidden all traces of her previous hideousness with a full carpet interior, and a little unholstery, I will post more pics then. Shes got a great motor now, and is a genuine pleasure to drive. Now with her good looks and charm, shes turning into a crowd puller. Im only shy about the plain interior now. Nothing that coin cant fix. White wheels, sunvisor and roof-rack. Miniscule interior furniture, me thinks, and quality mother-in-law made curtains. Before all that, a few weekends away, yes; cant wait!

10. Barnes Bay Hippy

I've named her now. "Baby Blue" will be her moniker. Apologies if anyone else has purloined the name. The groovy sticker on the front window looks perfect. I just need a petunia oil and incense waft generating machine. All good; the first trip away camping in her new bedazzling guise isn't far away. I've sold the Double Door commercial, she departs next Saturday. All the better to concentrate on the one bus. I will post photos from her first campsite, hopefully before the fatman deposits the presents.