1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help lights wont work????

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by chris smart, Feb 16, 2009.

1. chris smart

chris smart Member

hey all,:(
    i was driving to work early the other morning and clicked my highbeam on and they started flicking on and off by themselves and then the stoped workin? and then 10 minutes later the same happened to all my lights? so i lost all my lights any one know of anything????
    also at the same time the temp gauge started to play up and was working like a rev meter and was going up and down when i accelorated, so i thought this all my be something electrical,,,, need help asap thankyou guys muchly appreciated :)

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

If its not a loose connection, it could be the ignition switch.

Try everything else and list what is/not working.

3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

maybe a loose earth connection in the vicinity of the fuse box. I would start by checking the fuses ( after disconnecting the battery) and cleaning the contact and the fuse ends with a little piece of steel wool or emery paper to make sure they are clean. Then check around the fuse box area for any connections (with brown wire) that go to the body, ie under a screw, and remove them and clean them too to remove the rust/corrosion. Reconnect the battery and give it a go. No promises but it is the best place to start.

Hope this help to begin with.

Adrian

4. juzbee

juzbee Member

I'm needing to give this a go as well, when i turn on gidgets high beam i loose all lights.. I also got told that my right back brake light isn't working all the time..sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt, oh and if i have an indicator on when i put my foot on the brake the indicator stops flicking :umm:
    Thanks for the advice Adrian I will give it a go .. Good luck with your electrical stuff there Chris Smart
    Juz

5. MattB

MattB New Member

Juzbee, I had the exact same idicator problem. It turned out to be a bad earth on the driver's side lights.

6. 1979kombi

1979kombi New Member

Similar thing happened to mine once a a while (at least 6 months between). I turn my hazzards on and for no other reason than fluke it works like a reset button and everything returns to normal. Gota be lucky enough to have a late model I guess...