1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Fire Suppressin System Easy and Very Effective- - Check the Demo

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Syncro27, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

2. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

That is amazing and so simple in operation and installation, how much $$$ ?

3. Kev76

Kev76 Member

Unfortunately our bay had an engine fire and was a write off. Now have two fire extinguishers and a fire blanket. This easily tops them all.

4. Kev76

Kev76 Member

$200 according to their website. A bargain.

5. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Scott if You dont mind can you place the link in the fire proof your kombi post i see classic vw have them up for sale great find well done

Cheers Tom

6. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

7. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

I've been looking into these, piece of mind would be worth that price!

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Appears to be a great product, nice find. Easy to install & effective. Site is a little guarded about the type gas used....I wonder what it actually is ?
    Cheers, Mark

9. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

Yes Mark there is no information on the type of gas or if the gas in under pressure in its unactivated state so, depending on what it is, it may be considered dangerous goods in Australia and import may not be possible through the usual channels. The company appears to be based in Slovakia and I would imagine if it was as popular in Europe as stated then it would have some sort of CE marking to show compliance for sale in Europe (this would be stated in the sales blurb for sure). Perhaps it would be prudent to e-mail the manufacturer to request more information and whether there is an Oz agent before committing the $200 to an American supplier.
    cheers, Tom

10. Ted2

Ted2 Active Member

Can you provide the classic vw link please Tom. Cheers

11. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

ive lost it as i did not book mark will go looking

12. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

The Jogrusa website identifies the suppressant as FE-36 and operation thus:
    "When the temperature in the protected enclosure rises to a critical threshold, (sustained temp of 120*C or 248*F) the detection tube melts down at the point where the affecting temperature is the highest."
    FE-36 is considered Class 2.2 Dangerous goods (non-flammable and non-toxic gas) and is contained under pressure so not sure if there are any issues with shipping through the post. Maybe another member has some experience of this?
    I posted a query with the Late Bay forum in the UK and although, like us, some thought it looked a great idea it was suggested that it might work OK with a stationary engine but when the engine was running the gas would be sucked through the fan and dispersed and while gas offers quick initial knockdown it has little cooling effect and hence re-ignition could be a problem.
    I don't think I will bother at the moment but would be interested to hear if anyone on the Kombi forum gives it a go.
    cheers, Tom

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013