1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member Victoria

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Alex75, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Looks great!

Alex75 likes this.
  2. mr happy

mr happy Well-Known Member

Decent

Alex75 likes this.
  3. Alex75

Alex75 Member

Wanted to give a shout out to Australian VW performance, took my bus in for a service and tune and to have a bit of a once over mechanically, it won’t be a daily driver but it is my only car so I wanted to get the play in the steering looked at in particular. Got it back today and the contrast is amazing. Steering is amazing and just runs so much nicer. Well worth spending the dollars to get it sorted properly.

4. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Alex
    If you search through the forums u will find plenty of info on what tyres are are best suited for kombis .plus how tyre preasure can play a big part in the stability of the vehicle, worth a read seeing how you have gone this far towards getting better steering.
    Chris T.

Alex75 likes this.
  5. Alex75

Alex75 Member

Yeah I’ve read a few of those threads, looks like a light truck Tyre is the go next time they’re due, or just when enough times elapsed that I can tell my wife they’re due!

chris taylor likes this.
  6. chris taylor

Lol
    yep what ever works best for you.
    I switched over to light/trucks. 7 yrs ago and noticed a difference straight away. Tyre preasure can play a big part as well.
    I run 40 psi in the rr and 36 frt, but what ever suits you is the way to go,dont be afraid to experiment ,

7. Alex75

Alex75 Member

I’m running 36 front and back currently, I’ll try a little bit extra in the back The handling after the steering box overhaul is already so much better!

chris taylor likes this.
  8. chris taylor

What ever is best foryou.
    I dont believe there is any hard and fast rule here ad every van is different due to how you drive it,
    How you load it and so on .
    Cbus made a good point though in regard to rr tyre preasure, higher preasure in the rr COULD prevent rr end sway which in turn could give you front end wander but whether that applies to L T tyres im not sure.

9. Alex75

Alex75 Member

Been running 36 in the front, 39 in the rear for at least a couple of weeks, had a run down to the island and plenty of twisty stuff where I live and I think I’m happy with it. Thanks for the heads up guys!

chris taylor and TeeBee like this.
  10. chris taylor

Hi Alex
    If u r running L Trucks ,like i am, you could still b a little lower on the front.
    I currently am running 32 frt n 36 rr and seems to be less inclined to wander in a side wind. If yr ok with yr current pressures leave as is .I guess what im saying is dont be afraid to experiment with preasures.
    Chris

TeeBee likes this.
  11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

From VW handbook pressures are a tad higher than original spec.
    Too high or too low and handling and directional stability may be influenced. Also tyre wear maybe biased.
    High pressures may make it easier to steer at the parking lot but I am more interested how the vehicle reacts at 100 kmph.

chris taylor likes this.