1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Members

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Roy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Radar

Radar New Member

Hi Grantus
    Nope its got a south afrcian ford engine.
    how do you know it? :)

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

So it's the "chocolate box"..(light cream top, and dark brown lower) - used to live on Limestone Avenue around Ainslie then?

Same bus?

If so, my neighbour knows the previous owner very well, and I'm happy to sort any available previous history for you.

(Was offered to me a while back, at a very reasonable price..... but I'm having trouble justifying the current second T3 - let alone a THIRD!)

Would enjoy a catch up and a good look - maybe the Bungendore ACT VW run in July?

3. Radar

Radar New Member

yep! thats the one! haha, the girl we bought it from said people called it 'top deck'!

thats terrific, we're finding it hard to get people to want to work on her because they think she's got an illegal fit-out! be nice to prove she's legit. itd be VERY helpful actually. (we got very little papers with her.)

we're hoping to make it out. taking her for a long holiday in early july, so depending if she survives that then we will be there! see you then.
    I'm sure Patrick will have some tecchy questions for you if you're knowledgable about the T3s. !
    We're mostly focussing on power -dual battery and solar and the like....no idea where to start though!

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

From what I was told a while back... it belonged to the uncle of the lass you bought it from, who did the conversion....or had it done?

They thought I may want it, coz the VW "wasserboxer" problems have been replaced with the new engine....

I declined, coz standard T3's are a handful, yet along a "mongrel":lol:

I'll now look it into it more for you, and see what I can dig up.

5. Radar

Radar New Member

Thanks Grantus!
    Cheers :)

6. greenbay

greenbay New Member

computer illiterate

Hello all, This is my first post and i hope it works.I only registered yesterday and tried to submit my profile but i don't think it worked.Help please.:eek: ...JAY

7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Biography:16 year old in a 43 year old body.Too much time spent at work and not enough playing.
    Interests:surfing,reading,running around after 3 kids

This is what it said when I looked just now J man.

8. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Hey guys,registered yesterday and can't seem to submit a profile or put photos in a gallery,any help would be much appreciated.. Jay

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Jay, you do have a profile, as Alpal said. As for photos in the gallery.. click on "My Gallery" under your ID in the left hand corner and go from there.

10. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

I think a lot of us could identify with that!

Welcome to the Kombi Club, Jay. :)

Baz

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  11. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Thanks Baz,Imust admit i'm not real flash on the computer and i'm struggling a bit getting around the site:cry: jay

12. melissa

13. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Unfortunately i'm at work on sunday.I am surprised that i've never seen you guys gathered at hungry jacks though seeing i'm only up the road.BUT i have seen a big red square thing buzzing around with a KC sticker on the back.

14. melissa

That would be my big red square thing ;)

15. greenbay

greenbay New Member

I thought as much.

16. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Is it an instant update or does it take overnight or? for data to be added?

17. rick66

rick66 New Member

Hi

Just joined and am interested in getting a kombi as I have a lot of fond memories of traveling around N.S.W in the 90's. So many different styles and choices to make from the classic looking 70's to the 80's 90's with more mod comes. what I would like to ask (and hopefully not comitting a cardinal sin) is a VW transporter fitted out considered a kombi? or have I just alianated myself
    Richard

18. Keith

Keith Member

G'day from a new member

I am new to Kombi ownership.
    Yes it is true that I have stalked them for some time. Admiring them from a far. Listening to their chatter as they bumbled along the road. I built up the courage to cash in my one marital faviour. My wife gave me permission to finally buy one. When buying the kombi stood glistening in the driveway. My heart skiped a beat when I saw the chrome VW symbol on the nose. A 1976 Microbus. She was going to be mine. My wife asked reasonable questions about air conditioning, power steering and a CD player. All I could do was ask for a tissue as the saliva dripped from my opened mouth as I stroked the door handle. I didn't care that every mark in the interior had a similar story to that of a cheep American frat movie...I just wanted to make my own chapter in the life of this living, breathing piece of Aussie history. This bus was three years younger than me, but man she has lived.

The car is now ours. It is the best friend I and my three kids have. My wife regards it as 'that wierd family uncle that everyone has but has to tolerate'.

The restoration process will begin...once I sell my kidney on the black market.

I look forward to reading a lot of good mechanical advice on this site and not being able to offer any.

Regards,
    Keith

19. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Congrats on your purchase Keith and welcome to the kc club. you will find plenty of info here and you will get asked many questions also. the first would prolly be, show us some pics?

cheers brian and cathy :)

20. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I am not really a new member, joined a while ago, but have not used the club at all or visited the site for a long time. Came on this morning to look up some things for and upcoming resto, when I saw the topic for the kombi crash, was pretty moving stuff and has inspired me to get more involved, so sort of consider myself a new member as of today.
    We are Chris and kate, we have a 72 camper (rusty and leaking oil) and a 73 super bug. Drove them both up from Adelaide to Tannum Sands (near Gladstone, QLD) where we now live. Looking forward to lots of QLD adventures.
    Cheers, Chris