1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new photos

Discussion in 'SA' started by chris taylor, Aug 1, 2012.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg

Im learning how to....... so here they are,my photos lol

2. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Very nice camping spot/set up, is that someone's house behind you?

3. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Like the awning.....where did you get if from?

4. davidr

davidr Member

very very cool.. awesome location..

5. chris taylor

These phjotos were taken at sellicks beach in Sth Aust some time ago but i have only just learnt how to post photos. The annex come tent was made by Roadmaster caravans at O,Sullivans beach,they were the only ones who i could find down here that would do it, by the way its the first time for them as well as they had never made one for a kombi before so it was a bit of a learning curve for all. As i now know how to post photos here is a few more 100_0668.jpg 100_0671.jpg 100_0663.jpg 100_0675.jpg The seats by the way came out of comadore from the wreckers $40 each,a lot cheaper than recovering the old ones. I have just finished rebuilding the enterior cup boards and will post photos later cheers chris

6. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Interesting bit of dash sculpture.

7. Justin

Justin Active Member

i reckon !!

8. chris taylor

100_0687.jpg 100_0685.jpg 100_0692.jpg 100_0686.jpg

100_0687.jpg 100_0692.jpg 100_0693.jpg A few photos of my good old bus.The seats are from a comadore and the interior i made and fitted using the old ones as a template, plus a couple of extra ones just in case i needed them ,fitting the seats was the hardest thing to do as i had to put extra steel plates on the underside for strength,plus i also had to cut of the old slides as the new seats would not fit otherwise. I know its not original but now i can drive for quite a few hours without getting to uncomfortable, the only problem is that the seats are about 3 inches higher than the original ones,which suited me anyway. Regards Chris:cool:

9. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Is that a permanent divider between the cab and the rear?

10. fekkinell

fekkinell Member

That looks very cosy with the carpet up front. :)

11. chris taylor

Hi vwfreak03,yes it is a permanent petetion,the reason is the wife has to use a mobile scooter to get around and the one that she has is a collapsable type and the base hangs on that petetion by the seat holder and is out of the way.Also being there it helps to balance out the weight,if i put the whole thing in the back it tends to drag down the backend to much.