1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Kombi Club Forums - Hello

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Puddinbutt, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Puddinbutt

Puddinbutt New Member

Hi everyone,

oh my god, our first post! :eek:

We have just bought our second Kombi after selling our first not too long ago. Our first was a 76 Campmobile called Karl and we sold him because we had young children and believed that we didn't have the desire/time/money to do what we wanted with him in our lives.

Does everyone regret selling? :( We did, so we bought our second, Karlii, and she is a 76 Campmobile who requires some love. We are prepared to give her the love she requires. We bought her in Brisbane on Wednesday (29 Oct) and drove her home to Melbourne in three days. She travelled beautifully.

We live in Point Cook, in Melbourne's western suburbs and want to look at getting the rust virus taken out of her, new window/door seals etc and probable paint job. We're also keen to find a reputable mechanic/Doctor for her.

Any assistance/guidance/advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers, Robbo, Crackers and kids.

2. OberonViking

OberonViking Active Member

yeah, I reckon everyone regrets selling their kombi.

Welcome to KC.

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Robbo and crew. You should meet up with the Melbourne crew and ask their valuable advice of who to take your Karlii to.

4. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Welcome to the KC - we like pictures here and would love see pictures of Karlii, most people use photobucket for that purpose.

Hope you find the right people to look after your new family member.

Rev.

5. MattB

MattB New Member

Welcome to the KC, always great to have another Melbourne member :) I live in the eastern suburbs, so my mechanics are probably a bit too far away for your liking. You should check out some of the Melbourne events coming up in the events forum. November is Day of the VW and in December we're having a christmas party. Sorry to hear you regret selling your previous Kombi, best of luck getting Karlii to where you want her :)

6. Puddinbutt

Puddinbutt New Member

Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome thus far and thank you to the advice also. We'll definitely be immersing ourselves into this forum and look forward to all correspondence and meetings. Thanks again.

7. hjsimpson01

hjsimpson01 New Member

Welcome, I'm sure you will have lots of fun at meetings and such.. The forum is a great place. The more Kombi lovers on here the better...

8. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Yes evertbody regrets selling!
    But makes the buying of the next one all the more exciting :0
    Welcome aboard, and yes we would love to see piccies

jono

9. Marty

Marty Active Member

Welcome! I'm also in the west.
    Do come along to the Day of the VW on the 16 if you want to meet a few new faces :)

10. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. I was thinking of selling a kombi this time next year but maybe I'll just have to keep them. Appears that regret is the word for a sold kombi and that could lead to depression. We would not like that.