1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Years Eve camping ???

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Guzzler Chief, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Hi guys,

Im trying to find somewhere to go for new years eve, anyone got any good suggestions ??? Im looking to go as far north as Noosa or as far south as Byron. Tried quite a few places and they are either completely booked out or the gold coast council sites wont let you book for a couple of nights until 2 weeks prior ?!?!?!?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Nat

2. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

been looking too....same response...might just hibernate on the sisters farm...want to be near water:D ...think its going to be a stinker:)

3. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I normally head up to Charlie Moreland Forest park near Kenilworth, its generally not overcrowded, has a decent waterhole that is normally at least swimming depth. and only 30mins drive to Maleny one way, or 40mins to Eumundi/noosa the other way. I'll be up there this weekend for a drum retreat, will get some pics for you, if you dont know the place.

4. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Hey Glow monkey, if you could get some photos that would be great, was looking at maybe trying to get into Woodfood folk festival so that campsite wouldnt be too far away so in the area we would go to. Hoping to convince my mate to tome as well as he has a kombi so we could have a mini kombi get together :)

5. Casey2609

Casey2609 New Member

I am looking at going to the woodford folk festival. Been years since I was there but it was always a good place to spend i few days over new years. Lots of people go and camp there. I thought it was really fun. you could always try that.

6. terbear

terbear Member

Troy and Marnie will be at Woodford.. we're camping at Boyds bay..

7. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Managed to get a spot at Kirra caravan park for new year so will be checking the fireworks from Kirra point, good scenes all round !!!

8. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Sammy and I are taking the kombi to Byron over New Years.
    A mixture between staying in my Nanna's 2 room flat, and sleeping in the kombi in an inconspicuous manner seems good enough for me. :)

9. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

we got 3 nights at yamba incl. new years:D

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We have a 4pm wedding on New years day so new years eve will be a quite one for us.We plan on having a quite drink with friends on the jetty at Southport yacht club and spending the night on the boat.

11. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

probably a good idea at ur age:lol:

12. arkemup

arkemup Member

Not camping at Woodford new years eve now as Jeanette has to work on New Years day :( still going though but will head home in the wee small hours:cool:

13. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hmmm wont be making it to Woodford this time,simply cant afford it.
    BUT will set up camp on the rooftop under the fireworks.