1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle, central coast, Sydney Christmas party 2011

Discussion in 'NSW' started by saabman, Dec 11, 2011.

1. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

What a day fabulous turnout.

And the weather didn't disappoint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

A great turnout - well done everyone !! Nice to meet new faces & put names to avatars.....Alpal, when I introduced myself as Mark/Oldman I'm not sure..... but I think you may have thought that I was inferring that you were an old man :eek: :lol: First thing you said was, "only on the outside..." I certainly didn't mean any disrespect.
    A good array of buses & friendly folk, mixed with Mel's mars bar slice made for a great afternoon. The rain set in at about 3:30 & many chose to vacate, myself included.
    Nath. & Kai disappeared, "to get lunch" & returned some time later amidst much muttering about "the lolly shop...." Thought you'd been gone too long guys :lol:
    A good run home with no traffic...( even back at Brooklyn ! ) - must've just timed it right. All too short, as most good things are.
    Looking forward to the next excuse to stretch the kombi's legs......
    Cheers, Mark

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Those two blokes drinking stubbies of tooheys new are very good looking men :)

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks everyone for turning up. What started off as a stinking hot day ended up lightning and thunder and rain! Ended up at my place undercover. Why is it that all of our events end up wet? I hope eveyone ended up with a secret santa present they liked. I got one of Evsky's kombi key chains - awesome!!
    Merry christmas to all of you :)

5. evsky

evsky Member

Im glad I could come in the end. I never really get to talk to people I plan on catching up with so maybe next time. Its a top spot there even a good view of the lightning. I got some pics that i'll post when I get the chance. Between me and my Mel we ended up with some sweet little prezies but I think some one was a little over the top it was $15 not $50 lol not that im complaining. Glad u like it Mel Cheers Ev

6. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We had a great time too and took a few photos which I will post when I get a chance to get them into Photobucket.

Shame about the rain, we at least had a chance to have some summer weather before it started to pour.

Hopefully see a few people @ Terrigal Haven next weekend.

Cheers,

7. saabman

It was great to see a great bunch of people's ;)

And some mighty fine vans.

[​IMG]

Scott are saying I've got to drive back again next weekend as well :eek:
    Or should I just stay?

Bernie

8. evsky

evsky Member

Thats an awesome pic. Yep just stay.

9. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Dont you love the English language. Being an 'Old Man' i'm very hard to offend!
    Thanks Mark for the explanation. And thanks to Melissa and the 'local' crew for a great day. Nice busses, Nice drivers with Nice families. Have a great Xmas! Best wishes from the Mexicans

10. Syncro27

Yes Bernie.

I could think of worse places to be stuck for a week.

Hang around - the weathers not lookin real good though - rain for the next 4 days.

11. Syncro27

Also huge thanks to Al and the Pussycat for coming up from Mexico for the day (and possibly a few other adventures) and to all the Sydney siders who ventured up and then back through some fun weather to get home.

12. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Was a great day. Thanks to Melissa for the Back up plan. had a great time, will post some of my pics when I can.

13. saabman

Big Thankyou for the great chrissie presents too.
    The mini binoculars will be great for discrete "bird" watching :eek:

14. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

What a great effort from the Sydney crew followed up by the central coasters !!!
    Setting up under trees was a good call ! I think a better area than the car park .
    I hope everyone traveled home safely, the weather did its best to test us again !
    Merry Christmas !!!

15. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

Hi Guys/Gals

Nice picies,great line up:)
    sorry I missed it bin doing my reno
    will start a thread,soon
    Cheers and Thanks for sharing........:D
    Burnie great globel shot.......
    geoff

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  16. Justin

Justin Active Member

always good to have a yarn and see you all again !

i think from now on when an event is organised , we will set a date , but really the actual date will be a week later . . .
    that way we might be able to trick mother nature into raining the wrong weekend !!! :D

17. oldman

I'm with you on that Justin !! I think it was Bernie that also noticed that the sound of a kombi slider closing, was similar to thunder & that maybe that contributes to bringing on the foul weather.......:eek:
    Maybe we lock 'em all next time.....
    Good to catch up again. Cheers, Mark

18. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Maybe the next event should be held in an underground or under cover car park? :lol:

19. oldman

mmmm Newport Arms has a huge covered carpark......you've got me thinkin' now Nath.....

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Could find an abandoned warehouse or aircraft hanger perhaps?